HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

bruised penis

(1/1)

mrchance:
I recently had unprotected sex after a night of drinking the next day I realized the shaft of my my penis was bruised and burning. Now am worried sick and having sleepless nights. Have my chances of contracting HIV or other STDs increased because of the bruising.

Jeff G:
Hi Mr . If the unprotected sex you had was unprotected vaginal and anal sex then you did have a risk and will need to test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

The only way to know your HIV status is to test after the window testing period I provided above . The bruising you mention isn't a factor for or against the possibility of being exposed to HIV in your situation . Your symptoms are from the bruise itself and has nothing to do with whether you had an exposure or not .

Get tested in 6 weeks and confirm the results in 3 months . 

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: mrchance on August 23, 2013, 03:17:38 PM ---I recently had unprotected sex after a night of drinking the next day I realized the shaft of my my penis was bruised and burning. Now am worried sick and having sleepless nights. Have my chances of contracting HIV or other STDs increased because of the bruising.

--- End quote ---

The shaft of yoru penis, bruised or not, is NOT what you should be worried about at all. We often have people with bruises, shaving nicks, and other irregularities on the shaft of their penis, yet used a condom. We tell tham (as I am telling you) that the ONLY vulnerable spot on the male penis is the glans, or head of the penis. In uncircumsized males, semi-permeable dendritic cells can be infected, as well as the permeable cells in the urethra (the tip of the penis).

So as long as the head of a penis is covered during interocurse there is NO risk.

However

YOu have had unprotected sex, period. Your cruising wil have no impact on your risk. The fact that the glans (head) of the penis and the tip (urethra) were no protected makes it a legitimate risk for HIV as well as other STDs.

At this point there is little you can do except wait, get a test six weeks after your incident, then get your definitive HIV test at three months.

To reiterate: the bruising on your shaft is of abslutely no consequence. It is the urethra and head of your penis that came into contact with cervical mucosa, the thick fluid deep within the vagina that, if your partner was infected with a viral load not suppressed through medication, can (and does) transmit HIV.

Please get tested at the appropriate times, and please wear a condom for penetrative anal and vaginal sex.

mrchance:
I am fully circumcised and if it can be of any comfort I didn't ejaculate in her.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: mrchance on August 23, 2013, 04:46:37 PM ---I am fully circumcised and if it can be of any comfort I didn't ejaculate in her.

[/quote

Ejaculation is totally irrelevant to the incident. If YOU were HIV positive YOUR ejaculation would have an impact on a female partner's risk. However, your exposure to the cervical fluids is the same whether or not you ejaculate.

You have had a significant risk and need to test. Fortunately, HIV transmission is more difficult to achieve from female to male. I certianly hope you come out OK after this incident.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version