HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Wound to wound contact

(1/2) > >>

curious1098:
I am not TOO worried, but a friend of mine and I climbed a fence and I noticed minutes after we had small, superficial cuts on our hands, a small, small wound slightly bleeding on his thumb and minor scrapes on my hand.

If our hands somehow mingled while we kissed, would this pose a threat of transmission? I know HIV is weak when exposed to air----also even if our hands mingled, I'm guessing we would've had to literally PRESS the wounds together, yes?

Several hours later he fingered my ass, and I'm almost certain he didn't use the hand/thumb with the cut, and by then he was definitely done bleeding and healing began.....but then we had sex (with protection)----so if he happened to finger me with the cut----then pushed his penis in and out of me---would this pose a risk as well?

I will probably get tested in 3 months, but I want some peace of mind in the meantime.

Thank you very much

Jeff G:
You didn't have a risk and can stop worrying now . These are the risk factors for HIV .

Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations.

HIV is fragile and poses no risk when exposed to oxygen , no one has ever been infected through fingering . The penetrative sex you had was protected and not a risk factor , nor was the fingering before intercourse , so no risk .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

curious1098:
Thank you! I will put my worries aside and continue using protection!

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: curious1098 on August 23, 2013, 04:48:17 PM ---Thank you! I will put my worries aside and continue using protection!

--- End quote ---

Your welcome . Its safe to put this behind you now . If you had a risk we all would be telling you so that you could test and seek medical attention . Have sex , use condoms , get your checkups and live long .

curious1098:
A friend of mine had a rapid testing "blood prick" test after about a month of unprotected sex. I know rule of thumb is 3 months. Approximately how accurate could this test be at a month?

Also--during the month after risky behavior, he got sick with symptoms that could be acute retroviral syndrome. However, I also know its very likely this illness had nothing to do with HIV. After people pass through acute HIV syndrome and "recover"....do they usually test positive even if its under 3 months?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version