Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

I have a question

(1/4) > >>

satsgurl84:
So I found out I was positive 2 months ago, I just went to my first visit with my doctor to see where my levels of everything was. But they put me on a IV for some reason and said my blood pressure was little high. Since I have found out about my HIV positive status I been drinking everyday to help me numb the feelings of everything. I swore to myself all the time this would not happen to me. I was always told about these things. I mostly really upset with myself because there no one to blame but myself. I guess I am going to just try to deal with all this one day at time, but the fact of me ever finding a life long partner is very low to none. I feel if I ever get close to any guys I might have interest in I could lose them just as quick as I found them.

cicero:
Hi satsgurl84.  I am new to this too, under a month.  I am having some of the same feelings as you -- I, too, said I'd never let this happen and I worry about the future, particularly finding love, etc.  But you've got to realize that we are not alone in this; it happens to the best of us.  One day at a time is the right approach.  Please remember you are the same person and take care of yourself.  There are lots of people here to talk to on this forum and I honestly believe that it will get better.  We just have a "new normal" to get accustomed to.  It's hard to find the right words to say and when people who aren't in the same boat have tried to comfort me it feels empty because they don't know how this feels, they can only imagine.  So I don't mean to patronize.  We can't help our feelings but it's what we do with them that will count in the long run.

satsgurl84:
Hey Cicero
Thanks for the words I do get what u mean by all means. But I guess I haven't really woke up from this dream I believe I am having. I think sometimes this isn't real or something got mixed up with my test and blood etc etc. But then again its rare for that to happen so they say I guess. I just have to deal with a lot right now. U say it happens to the best of us? that might be a understatement but I get what u mean boo.

--- Quote from: cicero on August 19, 2013, 10:20:32 PM ---Hi satsgurl84.  I am new to this too, under a month.  I am having some of the same feelings as you -- I, too, said I'd never let this happen and I worry about the future, particularly finding love, etc.  But you've got to realize that we are not alone in this; it happens to the best of us.  One day at a time is the right approach.  Please remember you are the same person and take care of yourself.  There are lots of people here to talk to on this forum and I honestly believe that it will get better.  We just have a "new normal" to get accustomed to.  It's hard to find the right words to say and when people who aren't in the same boat have tried to comfort me it feels empty because they don't know how this feels, they can only imagine.  So I don't mean to patronize.  We can't help our feelings but it's what we do with them that will count in the long run.

--- End quote ---

anniebc:
Hi Satgurl

Reaction to the results is difffernt for everyone, but over time you will find a way of coping with the virus that suits you and it might be quite differnt from how others deal with it.

No one here will ever tell you it's easy, it's ok to get angry or scared but don't let it take over your life, stress is natural it can actually help some of us get through certain situations, but excessive stress can cause you physical symptoms and can damage your immune system further, just find ways to manage any stress you may be feeling, learn to relax and listen to your body.

Along with HIV comes anxiety and one way of tackling this is through information. gaining confidence in yourself and making informed decisions about your future.

Support is very important and you can get this from a qualified ID doctor , family and friend that you trust, and there are many support organizations out there...just make sure whoever you discuss this with is sympathetic, supporting and non judgmental about your HIV status.

Most important of all you have to remember that being HIV+ does not stop you from being the person you were before your diagnosis.

Trust me you will find a partner when you are ready, don't give up there are some great guys out there.

Jan

Loser1988:
Hi Satgurl,
        I am new to this as well just 20 days after poz diagnosis. What you felt is exactly like mine. Every moment I wanted this reality to be a dream. At the moment I wouldn't prefer to think about my long term future but rather dealing with just the current moment. As many say that it gets better by time, I strongly believe that as there is lot of difference between how I felt 15 days back to how I feel now. I believe this is not going to change what we are but it is like an accident and you recover and get back to the same normal. The only difference would be a quarterly doctor appointment and daily pill. Wish you all the best for your further coming life and a great partner to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version