Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Viibryd anyone?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mitch777:
A 3 week update.
I've been on the lowest dose (10 mg) for 3 weeks and I started the 20 mg dose today.

Side effects so far...

The first 2 or 3 days there were some minor gut issues. A bit more gas than usual is still around to help boost the Tootvada.

Another side effect that came as a surprise is that it seems to be helping more than anything I've taken before for my headaches! My best guess is that the level of pain has been reduced by about 25% but the frequency is still the same. (daily)

I haven't had any major depression since starting but I think it's too early to know.
Onward I will go...

BT65:
Well, at least there are no disabling or horrible side effects.  I hope it works for you. Do you also have a therapist? 

mitch777:

--- Quote from: BT65 on September 06, 2013, 03:15:21 PM ---Well, at least there are no disabling or horrible side effects.  I hope it works for you. Do you also have a therapist?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Betty. Yes I have a psychiatrist. I will be seeing her in about 2 weeks to discuss weather I jump up to the final dose. (40 mg) I'm kind of happy with the current dose but we'll see.

Yesterday was my first 20 mg dose and last night my headache pain level was a 1 (on a 1-10 pain scale that I have been tracking in my "headache diary" for over a year supplied by my neurologist and hoping to use at my disability hearing). It was the FIRST #1 pain level since I've kept track. :) :)

mitch777:
viibryd has been a mixed bag. some sexual side effects. not major but bothersome.
brain fog on 20 mg has been more than I like and reminds me of the atripla days. I asked her to go back to the 10 mg dose.  she said this was not a normal therapeutic dose but due to the meds that I am on she felt it was a reasonable idea. I was so happy to see she knew my health situation actually played a role in it.

The BIG news is that for the first time in my life for the past 2 1/2 years I do not have a headache tonight!!! Ready for bed as I'm tired but I am elated at the same time.

m.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on September 25, 2013, 11:01:47 PM ---viibryd has been a mixed bag. some sexual side effects. not major but bothersome.
brain fog on 20 mg has been more than I like and reminds me of the atripla days. I asked her to go back to the 10 mg dose.  she said this was not a normal therapeutic dose but due to the meds that I am on she felt it was a reasonable idea. I was so happy to see she knew my health situation actually played a role in it.

The BIG news is that for the first time in my life for the past 2 1/2 years I do not have a headache tonight!!! Ready for bed as I'm tired but I am elated at the same time.

m.

--- End quote ---

Hurray for no headache!

I take aripiprazole for bipolar I, and since it's cleared by the same thing that cobicistat (in Stribild) inhibits, my dose has to stay unusually low I'm soaking in it longer than most people would be.

I would very much like my dose to be 0. But we shall see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version