Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Viibryd anyone?

(1/3) > >>

mitch777:
I'm about to start on another med adventure and was wondering if anyone had experience with Viibryd (where do they come up with these names ::).)
It's a relatively new antidepressant that is supposed to work "differently" according to my psychiatrist. She says she waits for word of mouth from colleagues before prescribing new meds. I guess she was convinced.
So far antidepressants that I've been on (not for depression) have kinda driven me up a wall. (warning! :P.)
My emotions have been closer to the surface lately and thought I could use help in dealing with this. I do get talk therapy from her but not so sure it is making much of a difference.
After AMG Chicago and the good news in regards to my disability case I'm feeling pretty good. Funny timing.
Anyway, any input would be helpful.
m.

BT65:
Mitch, I've not heard of this but found a little info about it here:

http://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=Viibryd

There are different links to click there.  I'm going to be interested to see how you get along with it in a few weeks (since it takes a few weeks for these pills to either be efficacious or not).

mitch777:

--- Quote from: BT65 on August 17, 2013, 05:41:48 AM ---Mitch, I've not heard of this but found a little info about it here:

http://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=Viibryd

There are different links to click there.  I'm going to be interested to see how you get along with it in a few weeks (since it takes a few weeks for these pills to either be efficacious or not).

--- End quote ---
Thanks Betty!
I had checked it out online but your link was more helpful.
Yikes on the side effects list!
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Major drug interaction with Trazodone. (I mentioned that I was taking it but my doc didn't seem to be concerned.) I've already got insomnia from Isentress and Viibryd seems to list this as a common side effect. Guess I will just have to try it out.
I will let you know how it goes. The patient comments in the link seemed to be all over the map.
m.

BT65:
If it states it interacts with Trazadone, you may just want to make a quick call to the pharmacist.  Because the interaction may not be severe.  As far as the side effects, those seem to be pretty typical of anti-depressants.  They all sound horrible, but I wouldn't project any onto you.  As for the people's comments, yes, they're all over.  It's kind of like that with any med, they work for some and not for some.  Don't let that define your experience with this med.  It could work.  I'm interested to see if it does.

Buckmark:
I think you have to be careful with the information you find online about drugs, especially people's comments.  Comments almost always are tilted to the negative (and that goes for other information online, not just medications).

That's said, my understanding is that Viibryd is an "updated" version of Effexor.  Supposedly with fewer sexual side-effects.  It is an SSRI type of anti-depressant, which are the most popular.

The only way to know how it will work for you is to try it.  What works for you may not work for others.  Personally, SSRIs have not worked well for me (and the sexual side-effects were severe).  Others get good results from SSRIs, and have no sexual side-effects.  Go figure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version