Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Trazodone/Remeron?

(1/2) > >>

RobbyR:
Just wondering to all the insomniacs out there, have you tried Trazodone & how has ir worked? Does it put you to sleep? I take 50 mg of it when needed and it usually does knock me out although sometimes I feel very groggy hungover the next day. Sometimes I take Melatonin. That is touch & go. I also have tried Hydroxyzine which I take for anxiety but helps for sleep also but Trazodone seems to work better.

Sometimes though the Trazodone doesn't work. I've heard lots about Remeron. How about it? Is it better/worse

WillyWump:
Trazadone, for me, has been a lifesaver. I've been using it for several years and it still works very well for me. I take 100mg every night before bed and I'm asleep within 15 minutes. I either dont get the hungover feeling, or I've grown so used to it that it doesn't bother me so I cant really speak to that.

I've not tried the other drugs you've mentioned so I cant really comment on them vs. Traz.

-WIll

RobbyR:
Thanks WillyWump, glad it works for ya. How often ya use it? If I do wake up with that hungover feel it's no different than too much vodka or tequila the night before lol so I just brew a pot of coffee and bam, no hangover lol. Do you get the anti-depressant "happy" feeling the day or so after taking it? I do, like it makes me feel floaty & giddy, and sometimes makes me really really horny also haha. So yea Trazodone is good. I've heard Remeron is even better, but guess it depends on person.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on August 14, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---Thanks WillyWump, glad it works for ya. How often ya use it? If I do wake up with that hungover feel it's no different than too much vodka or tequila the night before lol so I just brew a pot of coffee and bam, no hangover lol. Do you get the anti-depressant "happy" feeling the day or so after taking it? I do, like it makes me feel floaty & giddy, and sometimes makes me really really horny also haha. So yea Trazodone is good. I've heard Remeron is even better, but guess it depends on person.

--- End quote ---

I use it just about every night, unless I've had a really long hard day then I usually fall asleep without it. I do get the feeling it makes me horny but im also on Testosterone so Im not sure which is causing my friskiness. I really dont feel any other effects from it such as the giddyness you describe (although I wished it would make me giddy  ;D)

-W

Jeff G:
The only complaints I have heard about Remeron are weight gain .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version