Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Just checking in

<< < (4/13) > >>

aztecan:
Boy Alan, you have, once again, broached a very timely topic.

I am also one of those who went from the back seat to the trailer being towed behind.

In part, it is my own fault, because I get too busy. My most recent doctor visit, last month, was the first since November 2012.

I am also one of those, like Betty, who has to corral the miscreants and try to get them into care.

I have a half-dozen right now who are either very sloppy with their meds, or just don't take them.

The doctor here has clinic on Tuesday. This past week, none of those who came to see him had bothered to get their labs done. None.

But Alan, I am especially concerned about those of you in the South. From what I can tell, the South is rapidly becoming a third-world country and I am concerned about those I know living there. (I won't go into the politics of this, but I think you already understand them better than I.)

I don't have solutions for you. But please know you are ever in my thoughts.

HUGS,

Mark

AlanBama:
Greetings folks!  Just checking in, to read a bit and to say "hello".

It always overwhelms me when I read in this forum - the amount of love and compassion I feel, that WE feel, for each other.

Mark, you are spot on, this state is becoming a "third world" country, regarding our hiv clinical care.  We just keep plugging along, hoping (and praying) for the best.

Special hugs to Jeff for giving me a much needed 'whop upside the head', regarding something stupid I was doing to myself.  I was taking a "drug holiday" with one of my meds, which of COURSE I am smart enough to know not to do -- but I was doing it anyway, mostly out of frustration at being #000590659 instead of "Alan" to my healthcare providers.  Some of you will understand what I mean by that.

The journey continues....

Love and Light to all,
Alan

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: AlanBama on November 04, 2013, 02:55:02 PM ---Greetings folks!  Just checking in, to read a bit and to say "hello".

It always overwhelms me when I read in this forum - the amount of love and compassion I feel, that WE feel, for each other.

Mark, you are spot on, this state is becoming a "third world" country, regarding our hiv clinical care.  We just keep plugging along, hoping (and praying) for the best.

Special hugs to Jeff for giving me a much needed 'whop upside the head', regarding something stupid I was doing to myself.  I was taking a "drug holiday" with one of my meds, which of COURSE I am smart enough to know not to do -- but I was doing it anyway, mostly out of frustration at being #000590659 instead of "Alan" to my healthcare providers.  Some of you will understand what I mean by that.

The journey continues....

Love and Light to all,
Alan

--- End quote ---

I fully expect a whop upside the head as needed from you guys and know you will deliver  . As tough as we are even us LTS need a kick in the pants sometimes for a reality check .

Joe K:
Dear Allan,

How good to see you and I am very sorry to hear or your trials and tribulations.  While I sympathize with the "back burner" issue, in one way, I consider it a badge of honor, that we worked damn hard to earn.  It always seemed to me, that the more a patient knew and the more compliant and progressive they were in treating their HIV, that the "perception" of their needs were lowered in the eyes of health professionals.  In a way, they see us as hardened veterans, who know when something is wrong and it seems they "expect" us to make our issues know, with little prodding.

I go to a hospital clinic and I get a new doctor every other year.  The first meeting always seem to be the same.  They review my chart and then ask if I have any issues.  They seem unsure of what to do with me, given my history and since I'm a low maintenance kind of guy, they are content to let me call the shots, most of the time.

I think that maybe you need to be a little stronger in voicing your concerns.  You are the ultimate gentleman, however, there are times when even a gentleman needs to raise a fuss to make his point heard.

Joe

BT65:
Alan, I'm glad Jeff was there to "assist" you with the med issue.  Good to hear from you also.  I know medical care is getting very streamlined as far as doctor's remembering we're individuals instead of just "cases."  It sucks.

I hope you're doing better, you can always pm me. :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version