Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Egrifta or Not??

(1/2) > >>

TnMan62:
I am debating whether to start Egrifta injections, but, am a bit unsure. Any thoughts/pros or cons from anyone who is using it? Or, has used it?

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: TnMan62 on August 06, 2013, 09:09:42 PM ---I am debating whether to start Egrifta injections, but, am a bit unsure. Any thoughts/pros or cons from anyone who is using it? Or, has used it?

--- End quote ---

I was talking to an endocrinologist who's specialty is working with HIV patients . She told me that she will not prescribe it anymore because in her experience it doesn't work very well and only works as well as it does while your taking it and you revert right back to where you started . She said the drug does not justify the expense for such a little impact on belly fat .

I sure you will get some positive reviews but that's the info I have to offer . 

Tool man:
My 65 year old husband has been on Atripla for two years and recently has grown a tummy. Our research shows that it helps only a small percentage of patients loose belly fat.
I don't believe he has lipodystrophy, but he thinks he does and he bought egrifta on line and I inject him every night with 2mg sub-Q.
Giving abdominal injections is not fun for me and it makes bruises when I do it.
At his age, his body probably produces no HGH and the egrifta is a precursor to HGH, he is experiencing an increase in his libido. The stomach is still there but he is now horny. He says he is happy for the Egrifta, who am I to say otherwise?

TM

pozniceguy:
I  have been using Egrifta  for  several years  it  does  work  for me..went  from  hard  Half  watermelon belly  to  a mostly  flat normal  surface...  yes  you do have to  keep  using it  or  it  will go back  eventually to  where you started ... I have  taken  as much as 2 weeks  "holiday"   and  found no noticeable  change  tho..

getting "bruises"  means  need  help  with injection technique   should not  Bruise   if  done  properly

the  full study  has  demonstrated  more  than   50%   effectiveness  and  closer  to  70%  partial  efectiveness

some  people are  prone to  diabetes  and  this  may compound  that  risk

Woofmuscle:
Has anyone had a reaction to Egrifta, such as a sore throat? No other symptoms...just a sore throat?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version