Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Molluscum - what level of cd4 is needed to fight this

(1/6) > >>

Peterdenmark:
Hi everybody,

Im Peter from Denmark.

Tested Poz in april, and been hospitalised for 5 weeks due to IRIS and many OI infections.

My first labresults showed zero cd4, and i was started on haart.
5 days later i was very sick.

Now im home again and on Isentress and Truvada, together with TB med.

Everything is going quite OK, and both my wife, friends and boss do support me.

My "small" problem and question is regarding my look, because my face are now almost covered with Molluscum - and my doc says that the medicine will take care of it.

But they dont know what level the cd4 should rise to, before I can see improvement.

Today my cd4 is 120, and have been that the last 2 months.

Anyone here have tried having this, and cann tell what level worked for you ?
I know this is not a life or death question, but its important for me, and I really hope someone can help me.

I wish u all a nice day :-)

Peter

Ann:
Hi Peter, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if anyone will know exactly how high one's CD4s need to be before something like MC will go away, but in general most things like this will improve with numbers above 200. There are also some treatments available for MC, so ask you doctor if one of them is appropriate for you.

You can read about MC and its treatments in our MC Lesson found in the OI section of the Lessons.

Peterdenmark:

--- Quote from: Ann on July 30, 2013, 12:33:50 PM ---Hi Peter, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if anyone will know exactly how high one's CD4s need to be before something like MC will go away, but in general most things like this will improve with numbers above 200. There are also some treatments available for MC, so ask you doctor if one of them is appropriate for you.

You can read about MC and its treatments in our MC Lesson found in the OI section of the Lessons.

--- End quote ---

Hi Ann,

Thank you for spending time and give me a feedback.

I have been at a dermatologist i Copenhagen, and I have been given som creme named Cidofovir, but so far its not helping - at best it might have stopped the MC for spreading even more.

Thx for the link u gave me, I will read it today.

I hope you are correct about the 200, hopefully I can soon be there even though I havnt seen any change in 2 months.

But so happy actually, the HAART treatment nowaday works, and I can wait :-)

Kind regards

Peter

Ann:
You're welcome, Peter! Glad I could help. Hopefully your MC will soon be a distant memory.

wolfthorn:
Also try imiquimod 5% at night.

Are they big mollusca or small mollusca ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version