Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Possible Therapeutic and Preventive Vaccine in several years

(1/5) > >>

Optimistic:
Hello Everyone,

Here is an article from the University of Western Ontario.  It's nice to hear some encouraging news from time to time. Check it out.

http://communications.uwo.ca/western_news/story.html?listing_id=22063

Hope all is well.

Justin

blondbeauty:
Great news! Thank you Justin  ;)

J220:
Fantastic to read such things....and I'm glad you posted this because I had read about this upcoming trial elesewhere but it didn't mention if this was a theapeutic or preventive vaccine, this article states it's both.....just fantastic.

The day is getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!

MitchMiller:
Thanks for that one.  Looks like this has some legitimacy given that a Korean firm is willing to make a substantial investment to get trials underway. 
I'm still waiting for news about the Ensoli vaccine which we should get within the next 9 months or so.

otherplaces:

"This vaccine can cure the HIV infected," Kang said. "It has the potential of saving millions of lives," said Kang.

"This is our hope."

That is quite a statement!  Of course it wouldn't be a cure...it'd just teach our bodies to fight the virus if it works as stated.  We could still infect others.  Of course, if they were vaccinated then we couldn't. 

It'd be quite a day if EVERYONE was vaccinated and I could date willy nilly no big deal, "I have HIV, but there's nothing to worry about since you've been vaccinated".  That'd be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version