Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I'm torn.

(1/5) > >>

mitch777:
These past few years I'm torn inside about how to express how I am feeling. I am more needy and feel frail. I am one of the longest LTS I know, even here. Not expecting a prize. Haven't gone through the hell of many who's stories I've read but my life is all that I have to go by. Spending time here has actually humbled me further.
Often people get turned off by someone "wearing their heart on their sleeve" and I am tending to do this more often lately.
Is this bad, human or a need for a wake up call for correction?
I entered into these forums with an attitude of "these people are strangers, I can ask anything and simply be myself". Well, as I get to know everyone, the dynamics change. Suddenly the freedom of expression gets mixed into personalities. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.
Spilling my guts. Just me. :P

For some reason I can't seem to open up in this way to my therapist. Guess it's partly due to my German stoic genes? Family? I dunno.
Just running out of steam.

Jeff G:
I have felt the same way Mitch . I have to remind myself sometime that its OK to seek support on a support forum . Its uncomfortable to open up and put your pain or confusion out there for all to see and comment on to begin with , but when you add the fact that we also use the forum as a social outlet it can be awkward at times .

We always have the trusty pm button if we don't want to post in the forum and have something to share or need a sounding board , some of the best advice or simple comfort has come to me via the pm feature .

Habersham:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on July 28, 2013, 10:29:05 PM ---I have felt the same way Mitch . I have to remind myself sometime that its OK to seek support on a support forum . Its uncomfortable to open up and put your pain or confusion out there for all to see and comment on to begin with , but when you add the fact that we also use the forum as a social outlet it can be awkward at times .

We always have the trusty pm button if we don't want to post in the forum and have something to share or need a sounding board , some of the best advice or simple comfort has come to me via the pm feature .

--- End quote ---

Mitch Jeff is right. It's very easy to talk about things like symptoms to strangers but harder to talk about them with a whole group of people you know. Kind of like a school or social group - you wouldn't announce to everyone that you were feeling depressed but you probably would talk to one or two trusted people in private.   PM is great!

I mainly use the forums for a laugh (as you all know) but I'm a good listener and once in awhile have a smitten of good advice.  It's my belief that our bodies and our spirits have aged more quickly than other people our age and as we get older our feelings are closer to the surface. It's natural what you are feeling.  I hope that made a small bit of sense.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on July 28, 2013, 10:29:05 PM ---I have felt the same way Mitch . I have to remind myself sometime that its OK to seek support on a support forum . Its uncomfortable to open up and put your pain or confusion out there for all to see and comment on to begin with , but when you add the fact that we also use the forum as a social outlet it can be awkward at times .

--- End quote ---

Thank you Jeff. You have been there whenever I needed support. Online and in pm's. Just emotional and tuckered out tonight I guess.
And everyone else here (countless names) have kept my spirits high and I can't say thank you enough.
Sorry for falling apart tonight.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Habersham on July 28, 2013, 10:45:16 PM ---Mitch Jeff is right. It's very easy to talk about things like symptoms to strangers but harder to talk about them with a whole group of people you know. Kind of like a school or social group - you wouldn't announce to everyone that you were feeling depressed but you probably would talk to one or two trusted people in private.   PM is great!

I mainly use the forums for a laugh (as you all know) but I'm a good listener and once in awhile have a smitten of good advice.  It's my belief that our bodies and our spirits have aged more quickly than other people our age and as we get older our feelings are closer to the surface. It's natural what you are feeling.  I hope that made a small bit of sense.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Charles.
Well said. I just felt the need to bring these feelings to light here. I'm sure I'm not alone. Guess my feelings tonight are close to the surface.... if I shave will they go away?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version