Main Forums > Living With HIV

GLORY HALLELUJAH!

<< < (6/13) > >>

tednlou2:
I hope you can get some relief, as well.  A lot going on at once.  The toilet thing made me think of our roommate.  He always falls asleep on the toilet.  Weird hearing snoring and pissing, at the same time.  Then, he will get up and fall down, because his legs fell asleep.  But, his is from taking too many meds.  He has bad sciatica.  But, I suppose he is sleep deprived, from the pain.

wolfter:
Sorry you're dealing with all the pain issues and insomnia.  I started on Trazadone for sleep issues and it started out ok.  50mg allowed restful sleep.  Suddenly I had to bump it up, then again, and again.  I finally quit taking it after 200 mg a night didn't work.

Wolfie

Fisher:
You've got a lot of nerve running up your butt, granted. . .and duly noted.

Miss Philicia:
so UPDATE: I had my third surgery 11 days ago and it seems to have gone well, at least according to multiple x-rays. However my surgeon had to do double the amount that he was expected to do, which means instead of a week secluded and recovering in my apartment I have to stay in for three weeks. Bummer!

I did, however, manage to go to an appointment with my HIV doctor yesterday because my sciatic pain issue has been progressing so quickly that I can only get to sleep for 3 hours each night. Every position in bed results in sharp pain shooting down my legs and out through my feet. And I couldn't sit at my computer for for more than 30-45 minutes without becoming nauseas from the resultant pain in my spine. Alas spinal pain is directly related to sciatic pain so I guess that's to be expected even if it's a new pain for me. Furthermore, he seems to believe I'm suffering from multiple herniated discs due to years of favoring one foot over the other when walking, pre-dating my past couple years of surgery. And as stated earlier this Lyrica I've been taken might as well be a placebo as it doesn't help at all.

So my HIV doctor gave me a physical applying pressure points on my back and buttocks and listening to me yelp out loud from the pain. He's now put me on a course of Endocet, Cyclobenzaprine and a dermal patch called Lidoderm -- plus I'm also still on higher than normal (i.e. OTC drug amount) of Ibuprofen.

I'm now finally able to sleep again for 8 hours, and float on a cloud during waking hours.

I get my ~30 stitches removed next Friday and the metal rods removed, then they want to send me off for x-rays on my spine and figure out a treatment plan which I'm sure will mean a lot of physical therapy.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on September 27, 2013, 08:52:34 AM ---so UPDATE: I had my third surgery 11 days ago and it seems to have gone well, at least according to multiple x-rays. However my surgeon had to do double the amount that he was expected to do, which means instead of a week secluded and recovering in my apartment I have to stay in for three weeks. Bummer!

I did, however, manage to go to an appointment with my HIV doctor yesterday because my sciatic pain issue has been progressing so quickly that I can only get to sleep for 3 hours each night. Every position in bed results in sharp pain shooting down my legs and out through my feet. And I couldn't sit at my computer for for more than 30-45 minutes without becoming nauseas from the resultant pain in my spine. Alas spinal pain is directly related to sciatic pain so I guess that's to be expected even if it's a new pain for me. Furthermore, he seems to believe I'm suffering from multiple herniated discs due to years of favoring one foot over the other when walking, pre-dating my past couple years of surgery. And as stated earlier this Lyrica I've been taken might as well be a placebo as it doesn't help at all.

So my HIV doctor gave me a physical applying pressure points on my back and buttocks and listening to me yelp out loud from the pain. He's now put me on a course of Endocet, Cyclobenzaprine and a dermal patch called Lidoderm -- plus I'm also still on higher than normal (i.e. OTC drug amount) of Ibuprofen.

I'm now finally able to sleep again for 8 hours, and float on a cloud during waking hours.

I get my ~30 stitches removed next Friday and the metal rods removed, then they want to send me off for x-rays on my spine and figure out a treatment plan which I'm sure will mean a lot of physical therapy.

--- End quote ---

Ghurl. the things you go through. I feel for you.

But just add a shot of Kentucky Straight Bourbon to that pill cocktail and you'll be just fine ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version