Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

36 Photos From Russia That Everyone Needs To See

<< < (2/11) > >>

mitch777:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on July 23, 2013, 04:01:32 PM ---Religion? really?

--- End quote ---

Why is it so unrealistic that religion wouldn't play a part in this. Even in Russia?
I'm not AGAINST religion but many use it around the world to promote intolerance, including some religious folk in Russia.

PS- I know your church is progressive but many are not.

skeebo1969:

Those pictures are horrible and graphic.   It's hard as an American to point a shaking finger at Russia when you realize the insidious side of this hatred is still going on here.

--- Quote from: mitch777 on July 23, 2013, 05:31:32 PM ---Why is it so unrealistic that religion wouldn't play a part in this. Even in Russia?

--- End quote ---

I agree.  While I'm not sure, I think there are far more people following some form of religion than there are atheist.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: skeebo1969 on July 23, 2013, 06:07:01 PM ---Those pictures are horrible and graphic.   It's hard as an American to point a shaking finger at Russia when you realize the insidious side of this hatred is still going on here.

--- End quote ---

That's for sure but it is more brutal in Russia due to the powers that be.
I'm sure you feel the same Skeebo. I try not to assume what others think about an issue but getting to know you here...  :)

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on July 23, 2013, 05:31:32 PM ---Why is it so unrealistic that religion wouldn't play a part in this. Even in Russia?

--- End quote ---

Show me the connection.

This is more of Russia being Russia than anything else. I totally see it in US, just not in this particular case in Russia. Intolerance can exist outside of religion. Although i will admit I know not a whole lot about religion in Russia...so learn me.

buginme2:
I don't know why this is happening (cultural, religious, governmental, personal, dictatorial, etc??)

What I do know is that the US, EU, UN have been silent.  The US should not participate in the Winter Olympics (nor should the eu countries), that won't happen of course.  The media will largely ignore the issue. 

It does put things in prospective, while much of the industrialized western world has been fighting for marriage equality this has been occurring out of the spotlight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version