Main Forums > Living With HIV

What should I do after vomiting?

<< < (3/3)

Jmarksto:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on July 18, 2013, 03:30:36 PM ---This does shed light on the fact that there are no treatment options currently available for someone unable to take medications orally. 

Fuzeon is injectable however, one med does not make for an effective HIV therapy.

They are currently testing an injectable rilpivrine and the new integrate inhibitor (forgot its name).  Hopefully they will have success.  Otherwise, should anyone be laid up and unable to take your meds orally you could be up a creek.

--- End quote ---

Here is the link to that trial info:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/nanosupension_longacting_1667_24248.shtml

My question is that they are testing these two meds together, but don't we need three meds?  Does anyone know if these two together would be sufficient, or if there is a third that could be combined for a monthly injection?

jkinatl2:
I absolutely didn't mean to imply that one half-dose (or one barfed dose) would lead to resistance, but a few weeks' worth of them stands that chance.

And I share your concern, Buginme, about the dearth of options for those unable to take medications orally. There really isn't much wriggle room in that department, is there?

newt:
On this combination, if you vomit more than 2 hrs after taking your meds then they are all in your blood system already.

Before that, possibly not in totality.

I agree with JK that missing a day cos of chucking will be no big deal. It's intermittent low dosing/no dosing that leads to resistance.

- matt

hiv_positive_BG:
Thanks a lot for your answers... I was late an hour and a half, but suddenly felt better and took my "dose"... In the same context, I wonder one more thing: how long after taking the meds it's safe to take an enema? I read suggestions from 20 minutes to two hours, that after such period the meds are absorbed in my blood, or?

Ann:

--- Quote from: hiv_positive_BG on July 22, 2013, 09:51:11 AM ---Thanks a lot for your answers... I was late an hour and a half, but suddenly felt better and took my "dose"... In the same context, I wonder one more thing: how long after taking the meds it's safe to take an enema? I read suggestions from 20 minutes to two hours, that after such period the meds are absorbed in my blood, or?

--- End quote ---

Unless the meds you take are in the form of suppositories, I can't see an enema making any difference to when you take your meds by mouth. Opposite ends of the digestive system on most people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version