Main Forums > Living With HIV

What should I do after vomiting?

(1/3) > >>

hiv_positive_BG:
Hello, I take Norvir, Reyataz, Kivexa daily, and those should be endeavored with food. But just 3-4 hours ago I suffered terrible vomiting, probably due to bad food. Currently I feel pretty weak and my belly is 100% empty. What should I do with my daily dose, as the time to take it has come?

jkinatl2:
If you can't eat, and might vomit, and are otherwise compliant with your dosing, then I would absolutely skip this dose and hope tha tyour next dose will arrive to find you in better spirits.

A missed dose now and then is not the end of the world.

hiv_positive_BG:
OK, thanks a lot chap. Yes, I am very strict, and for some eight months that would be the first dose skipped.

LiveWithIt:
Can you keep anything down?  If so have a piece of bread or a cracker or two and take your meds.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: hiv_positive_BG on July 18, 2013, 12:46:24 AM ---OK, thanks a lot chap. Yes, I am very strict, and for some eight months that would be the first dose skipped.

--- End quote ---

It is great that you are diligent about your dosing! But if you are sick to your stomach, better to skip a dose than force yourself to take it, perhaps throw up a portion of it, and be half-dosed. THAT is when resistance can emerge. I really hope you feel better soon. Throwing up is the absolute worst.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version