Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Got my first official numbers today post treatment!

(1/2) > >>

Newguy:
Hi everyone!

I hope all is well. Today I went in for my second blood draw but the requisite form was expired so I had to go see my doctor's assistant and she gave me new ones. I do not like seeing the doctor so we agreed it would be best that he gives me a bunch of forms and if there is a problem he would give me a call. Anyhow my last blood draw was Dec 17 2012 about five weeks after I started treatment on Truvada and Isentress. Pre-treatment my numbers were 330 CD4 and 36000 viral copies. After five weeks of treatment which I found out today my numbers went to 480 CD4 and 62 copies viral load. Is this considered good? I just found out these results today because of my situation that I explained above. I got a new blood draw today and I will probably not know the results unless he calls which means not so good news! So I hope he doesn't call!

Best to all

Cojo:
This is fantastic news and numbers! I am on the same treatment as you and our numbers as you'll see in  my profile are pretty close in pattern. I'd wager that you are already undetectable....bring on the next labs!!Congrats

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Newguy on July 17, 2013, 08:30:49 PM ---Pre-treatment my numbers were 330 CD4 and 36000 viral copies. After five weeks of treatment which I found out today my numbers went to 480 CD4 and 62 copies viral load. Is this considered good?

--- End quote ---
that's an awesome improvement in a short amount of time!! ;D WooHoo!
meds (and google LOL) are your friends!!

Newguy:
Thanks Cojo and Leatherman for the replies! I was a bit nervous asking for the numbers but admittedly I felt better seeing them. The assistant who is a sweetheart said that in the future she can just email me the requisite copies so I never have to go see the doctor if everything works out fine. I love my doctor but I get anxiety when I go to the clinic. The current method engages me in proper care but with a twist.

socalpoz:
Yes, congrats on your blood work! I would celebrate!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version