Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Sweating...hot flashes

<< < (2/2)

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: harleymc on July 18, 2013, 11:02:49 AM ---98% on the oxygen carrying capacity is horribly low, no wonder you feel out of breath.

--- End quote ---

Huh?  I am assuming you may have looked at that number wrong? 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hypoxemia/MY00219

OneTampa:
I remember my grandmother, who was Native American, told my mother about using Black Cohosh, some sort of herb for hot flashes.  My mother used it for a little while.

Also, about 10 years ago one of the ladies at work said her doctor suggested it for her (available at local pharmacy) but noted it should only be taken for a short period and wanted to make sure of other medications she was on. He also monitored her closely. She said it worked for her too.

Ann:

--- Quote from: OneTampa on July 18, 2013, 10:37:57 PM ---I remember my grandmother, who was Native American, told my mother about using Black Cohosh, some sort of herb for hot flashes.  My mother used it for a little while.

Also, about 10 years ago one of the ladies at work said her doctor suggested it for her (available at local pharmacy) but noted it should only be taken for a short period and wanted to make sure of other medications she was on. He also monitored her closely. She said it worked for her too.

--- End quote ---

Hot flashes that women experience during menopause are caused by hormone fluctuations, and most herbal remedies for menopausal hot flashes act on the (female) hormones. Black cohosh is one of them. Herbal menopause remedies are probably not going to work for a man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version