HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

transmission??

(1/12) > >>

hss9999:
This may sound crazy, but I am concerned because I recently used a toothbrush of a friend of mine I was visiting out of town. I am concerned that I actually may have accidentally picked up his roommates toothbrush instead of his and of the possibility of contracting HIV. I think it had been a few hours since he had used it (if it was his roommates toothbrush), but I don't know his status or anything else, except that he is in a long term relationship. I believe I rinsed the toothbrush off before I used it, but I can't be sure. I am worried sick. Do I need to test over this? Please help! Thanks in advance.

scotslassie:
As far as I know it has NEVER been transmitted this way before, but Ill await a mods response  :)

Matty the Damned:
Two things arise here.

There is no risk from what you describe. Toothbrushes are not a risk for HIV. Consult the lessons section of the site. You'll find the link in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Secondly, Scotslassie should confine herself to her own thread and not worry about the problems of others. It's nice that she wants to help, but really we can take care of it.

MtD

hss9999:
Thanks for the responses.  Any other thoughts Ann and Andy?

hss9999:
One more thing. The several hours since he had used it is a guesstimate. I just know he was asleep when we got home and it was around 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version