Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Zimmerman Not Guilty

<< < (2/18) > >>

skeebo1969:

--- Quote from: poz91 on July 14, 2013, 03:47:13 AM ---Just a little food for thought...

Moments before Trayvon punched Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, and began repeatedly beating his skull into the concrete sidewalk, he was on the phone with his friend Rachel Jeantel (who testified at trial) making homophobic slurs and jokes about Zimmerman... calling him an ass cracker, a pervert, a gay rapist. He was not scared of Zimmerman.

When he confronted Zimmerman, Zimmerman thought he said, "Do you have a f%$#ing problem, homie." Given the nature of the comments Rachel acknowledged Trayvon used, Zimmerman may have mistaken 'homo' for 'homie.'

The prosecution even subtly used the 'gay panic' defense in its closing arguments... stating that Zimmerman (aka the ass cracker gay rapist pervert) was every child's worst fear, and essentially argued that Trayvon had every right to beat him.

Interestingly, Zimmerman shares many characteristics with his brother Robert... who is an openly gay man.

George Zimmerman was found not guilty because he was the victim of an assault.

--- End quote ---

I had the luxury of listening to the testimony from day one.  You conveniently added a little bit there, and that's fine.  Rachal Jeantel said she told Trayvon "that he probably wants to rape you" and his reply was, "girl don't be playing with me like that".

The guy was watching him from his vehicle, and then followed him.  I would also wonder why someone was following me.  As an adult, if someone was following me, I would probably think they were going to rob me.  As a kid, I might think something worse.

Trayvon was guilty of no crime when Zimmerman chose to follow him.  Video time stamp from the 7-11 (convenience store) proved he was in route to his father's house. 

Today, I have to admit, it's pretty apparent that Trayvon started beating Zimmerman down once they reached the middle courtyard.  Truth to how exactly that transpired is only known by those two people.  One witness said he saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman hitting him, and even he said he didn't know what started it. 

Like I said, I have no doubt Trayvon got the upper hand in the physical altercation that ensued.  You can clearly see that in the photos of George Zimmerman after the incident had occurred.  At that point, and under the stand your ground law, one is allowed to use deadly force.

When I look at this though I see a bigger problem.  Why was Zimmerman following him in the first place?  It's true the area had suffered recent burglaries, stolen property, etc... which had nothing to do with Trayvon.  Why was he targeted as being a "suspicious male"?  Is it safe to assume that Trayvon might have felt he was in danger?   Where is his right to stand his ground and take actions to defend himself from a perceived threat?

Guess what, the guy with the gun wins.

After I learned more about this situation, I kept thinking to myself how just a little communication from one or both parties could have kept one from getting killed.  But in my opinion, that's where the mistrust from both kept this from happening.

It's tragic when a 17 year old is killed when initially he was doing nothing wrong.   

mikeyb39:
I wasn't shocked by the verdict .  The prosecution was not able to prove beyond reasonable doubt.  Legally they had no choice but to rule the way they did.

weasel:

--- Quote from: mikeyb39 on July 14, 2013, 09:11:01 AM ---I wasn't shocked by the verdict .  The prosecution was not able to prove beyond reasonable doubt.  Legally they had no choice but to rule the way they did.

--- End quote ---

I agree !

As the law states ,   Zimmerman  was within the law !   

Nothing to do with   Race   if we look at the law they made the right choice !

Weasel

P.S.   Now is the time for people to change laws they dis-like ! 
             I believe Missouri has the same law as Florida ...

leatherman:

--- Quote from: poz91 on July 14, 2013, 03:47:13 AM ---began repeatedly beating his skull into the concrete sidewalk

--- End quote ---
Zimmerman's wounds did not corrobarate that verison of the events. The wounds (to the back of his head and to his nose) only give evidence that there was a physical altercation. Witnesses only testified to punches thrown. The wounds to the back of Zimmerman's head were few, mild and required no treatment, bandages or stitches.

mikeyb39:
George zimmerman's brother is quite sexy, he's annoying listening to him talk, but sexy nonetheless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version