Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

i hate dogs...

<< < (3/5) > >>

Dachshund:

--- Quote from: idee on July 14, 2013, 01:51:23 PM ---I would give anything to get these dogs a new home. I had a cat and a dog as a pet before and they literally attached themselves to me. They just knew me and knew how to act right.
These dogs are my husband's and when I try to tell them not to lick the couch or naw on the *$$ for fifteen minutes he thinks I am mean. I mean these dogs will naw or lick on themselves until they have blisters or can hardly walk.
Then I stop them from licking the couch pillows until they leave sloppy wet spots.
I guess I really hate that my husband won't train the dogs.

--- End quote ---
The dogs are licking themselves BECAUSE of the blisters and if they are having trouble walking they need to see a vet. Seriously, these dogs need to be in a better environment.

skeebo1969:

If the dogs are licking their @$$ and gnawing on themselves there is probably an issue that's causing them to do this.   It has nothing to do with training.

anniebc:
These dogs need to get the hell out of your home before your husband breaks their spirit, threatening a dog with a stick is close to animal abuse as far as I'm concerned.

These dogs deserve a good and decent home.

Jan

idee:

--- Quote from: Dachshund on July 14, 2013, 02:15:58 PM ---The dogs are licking themselves BECAUSE of the blisters and if they are having trouble walking they need to see a vet. Seriously, these dogs need to be in a better environment.

--- End quote ---

The dogs have licked these blisters onto their own feet. The one has anxiety do to idiopathic epilepsy. They also do not live outside, they sleep in our bedroom on their own little beds.
We've had the vet check them out, in fact I am the one who takes them. I am always congratulated by the vet for their improvements. (They were abused in another home.)
I am just tired of being the only one who cares for them.

idee:

--- Quote from: anniebc on July 14, 2013, 04:52:07 PM ---These dogs need to get the hell out of your home before your husband breaks their spirit, threatening a dog with a stick is close to animal abuse as far as I'm concerned.

These dogs deserve a good and decent home.

Jan

--- End quote ---

My husband no longer threatens them with a stick because I once put myself between the stick and the dogs. And I told my therapist what my husband used to do this past April and she talk to him. I threw the stick out.
I did talk to a friend of ours who loves dogs and he is taking the one with epilepsy, the anxiety ridden one. SO I am hoping with just one dog I can manage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version