Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

i hate dogs...

(1/5) > >>

idee:
I used to like dogs before I owned them as an adult.
I mean my husband believes a trained dog is an unhappy dog. So he refuses to train them.
He asks me to call the dog whisperer, yeah right! I would have to do the work behind the scenes to get them into acting good and he'd take the credit.
I said if he wants the dog whisperer then call himself. At elast he is taking the first steps to being more responsible for their existence.

Dachshund:
What with the toilet seat and now this. Sounds like you need to get your husband house broken and trained.

Habersham:
This makes me curious where your dog was during your home invasions   Usually if a stranger breaks in and attempts to hurt a family member the dog goes nuts   Dogs tend to be a deterrent to burglars as they can't anticipate how the dogs will react

wolfter:
If you truly hate dogs as an adult, perhaps it's best to not own one.  I had a lot of initial thoughts just from the title alone, but I'll refrain.  Or perhaps it's just a reminder that I just had a beloved pet put to sleep?  I'd gladly tolerate any behavioral issues if I could be afforded the opportunity to spend valuable time with her. 

Someone who accepts the responsibility of being a caretaker of a pet should take that responsibility seriously!

Hellraiser:
Your husband is wrong about a trained dog being unhappy.  Dogs have literally evolved to take every single cue from us.  They look to us for every facet of their lives.  There's a really good documentary on Netflix ( http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Dogs_Decoded_Nova/70148726?locale=en-US ) about how dogs and people are interwoven.  Anyway a dog doesn't get unhappy from taking commands, they simply see it as interaction with a person which they love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version