POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 09:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23596
  • Latest: crj18
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640666
  • Total Topics: 48666
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm a little bit cranky  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
I'm a little bit cranky
« on: October 18, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »
Ever have like one of those weeks were you're like. Torn between absolutely loving the world and everyone in it and DESPISING IT?

First of all, I've been spending almost every day with my boyfriend and that makes me deliriously happy. We went shopping yesterday which was insanely fun. I got some new clothes and a really hot belt and we just walked around and stuff. :) amazing how like I can do boring as shit stuff with him and still be happy. haha

but now because of complications I'll be going back to my old school. I don't really feel like getting into it. at all. but I'm going to be staying with my mom a lot again. shrug. i'm so past the point of even caring about school. i wish it would just die. evaporate. I don't care about school at all and if my dad would let me quit I would. :) soooo.

i guess ill see some old friends that ive been missing which will be okay. whateva. ill also be seeing some people that i absolutely hate. and then there's those people that like. you dont really hate but they always catch you in a bad mood and you just want to kill them. it's like, your day is shit. you got into a fight with your best friend. you feel really ugly because you have an enormous zit on the side of your nose and everytime you sneeze you go into convulsions of crippling agony. the contact in your left eye has been irritating you. i don't know. you're just really pissed off. and then this really extremely enthusiastic happy person comes up to you and is all like, "Oh my god! Jaser! Hi! Guess what I did? I did this and I did that and blah blah blah and this and oh my god and yeah and this and that."  And you're just like. "Excuse me... I need to go pick up my steak knife. I just had it sharpened. Could you wait right here? Yeah? Thanks."

An awkward thing right now is the fact that my ex boyfriend is my ride to my stuff on Wednesdays. So. It's just strange. He's not mean or anything. He's been very nice to me lately. It's just like... I just expect something to happen? Like last week he was like.

"Oh, Jase. Do you mind getting my CD case for me?"
"Sure! Where is it?"
"Oh, under your seat. If you just... bend over and get it."
eek

The best part is my birthday is in 13 days. Me and my boyfriend are going to go to this haunted house thing (since my birthday is on halloween) and try and scare ourselves. Which, to be honest, I think it's pretty silly of us, because there's nothing worse than like. A couple of gays in a haunted house. There's like three scenerios that could play out, neither of which are good.

Here's what could happen.

A person in a ghost costume will jump out at us and go, 'boo!!!!" Will my frighteningly flaming boyfriend -

a) shriek like a girl and run away?
b) smack him and tell him off
c) put his hands on his hips and tell him he needs to work on his outfit 'cause you can totally see through his sheets  ::)

on a serious note though, I went to a therapist yesterday that I"ll be seeing. that's supposed to help me with. stuff. she specializes in lgbt kids, so, yeah. she might refer me to someone else but i have to see her three times for her to make an accessment. i dont really like her. i think shes a flake and shes crabby and ugly and i dont like her voice. :) i got like a thousand pamphlets on like. depression and (insert word here). depression and HIV, depression and domestic issues, depression and blah blah blah. like i get it lady. you want to put me on pills. just do it.

i also plan on getting my camera fixed so i can show you guys some pictures and things.

um, also, i've been fairly depressed since my rat, Wednesday, died not too long ago. feel like shit. I've had a sore throat for a long time now. my chest/lungs hurt like... just constant coughing and I think I'm still getting over this hellish cold. Morgan the mouse is doing very well though as far as I know (I haven't been at my mom's for a bit).

So. Yeah. wee.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:09:06 PM by Mouse »

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Re: I'm a little bit cranky
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 03:18:42 PM »
on a serious note though, I went to a therapist yesterday that I"ll be seeing. that's supposed to help me with. stuff. she specializes in lgbt kids, so, yeah. she might refer me to someone else but i have to see her three times for her to make an accessment. i dont really like her. i think shes a flake and shes crabby and ugly and i dont like her voice. :) i got like a thousand pamphlets on like. depression and (insert word here). depression and HIV, depression and domestic issues, depression and blah blah blah. like i get it lady. you want to put me on pills. just do it.

#1 - Are you really there to take HER inventory?  She may seem flaky, crabby, and less than pressed, when it comes to looks - but there may be some totally valid reasons as to why she is perceived by you in that way.  I respect that she wants to see you three times before making an assessment...  Then she's not putting you on meds or treating you for whatever manic or emotional state you're in at that single assessment - good for her!
#2 - Medications don't fix everything. 

If you ever want to talk...

-joseph

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »
Hey Jaser,

Most of it is your emotional state. You will have your good days and you will have your bad days. There are a number of ways in which you can control your moods. Look into them. As for school, you should definitely try and stick it out. Down the road you will understand what I mean. As far as the therapist goes, she is only trying to make an assessment and help you with your situation. Believe it or not she is a part of your support system.

Don't look at the downside of things, look towards the upper side of things.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:34:22 AM »
Love ya, Jaser
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:53:55 AM »
sorry to hear about your rat. you gave it a good home & a good life

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.