HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Hiv and hpv

(1/6) > >>

Donplow:
Hello guys and girls
  Question I have hpv ..
Now the question I have I have seen many times..
Oral sex and recieving..
Does havin hpv increase my odds during receiving oral.. Bj?
Any wart that I have had has been the same size as papuli..

I had an encounter 6 weeks ago today and am obviously fearing the worst and have had lots of symptoms..

First week dry mouth and felt like something coming out but wasn't..
Second week same thing
I was tested at 2 and a Hal weeks for sti's came back negative all of them..
Now my fifth and sixth week I've had enlarged nodes in under my jaw and last night ha night sweats.. (I am assuming this anxiety as its all I ever do is fear this for my wife and kids sake) afraid of losing everything and hurting my family..

I also retested at 31 days I will get my results for hiv and syphillis on Thursday .. 2 week waitin period..

What's your thoughts?? Rapidrod Ann Andy?

Jeff G:
Getting a blow Job is not a risk for HIV and having HPV doesn't change that , its simply not a risk . There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Donplow:
Thank you !!

I've read tons of threads agreeing with that statement.. Just didnt know if an sti changes it oral sex...

Also wasn't sure if hpv was around then..
We're these studies done while positive partner was on anti viralmeds?

Thanks again ...
This is truly an awesome site..
Most of you are a lot more knowledgeable then the doctors I have spoken with on these topics...

Andy Velez:
No matter what ifs you throw into the mix about receiving a blow job, it ain't gonna make a difference. It's one of the most common of sexual activities, but no guy has ever been confirmed to have been infected in that way and you are not going to make history by being the first.

Jeff G:
You are most welcome . We give out the latest peer reviewed information so people are armed with the facts . I would imagine that the study I mentioned would have been made up of people on treatment as well as some that were not . There have never been reports of HIV being transmitted from receiving oral sex . There have been a few cases where people clamed that giving BJ's was their only risk when they tested HIV poz . It was later made clear that oral sex wasn't the only risk factor and cast doubt on the claims .

In any case , no one has ever been infected from getting a BJ , so it stands to reason you wont be the first . 

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version