Main Forums > Living With HIV

Traveling and meds

<< < (3/3)

atripla_2013:
Hi Euinau,
I am new diagnoised like you and start Atripla on this Jun.
Hope to keep in touch to learn from each other experiences.

Hi Leatherman,
Please help to advice us how in the case to take pill when we travel to far away time-zone countries (Ex: from asia to EU wit 10 hour lag)

Thank you

Ann:
When travelling, it's best to stick to your usual med-taking routine.

If you normally take them at night before bed, continue to take them at night before bed. If you normally take them at breakfast or lunch, continue to take them at breakfast or lunch.

What's most important is that you're taking them every day, so keeping to your usual routine is important and will help you remember to take them.

The occasional real-time difference due to arriving in a different time zone won't break the bank. Or anything else for that matter.

Sunshine84:
I had that same problem...
I always took my meds at 1am...

So in the end, when I went overseas...I had a watch that was timed to my normal clock..

So I just look at the watch for 1am and take the meds...

My friends were wondering why I brought that watch..lol..It's kinda low-tech and doesn't really use any brain power...I was just worried I might count the hours wrong or something

bocker3:

--- Quote from: Sunshine84 on July 20, 2013, 02:26:41 PM ---I had that same problem...
I always took my meds at 1am...

So in the end, when I went overseas...I had a watch that was timed to my normal clock..

So I just look at the watch for 1am and take the meds...

My friends were wondering why I brought that watch..lol..It's kinda low-tech and doesn't really use any brain power...I was just worried I might count the hours wrong or something

--- End quote ---

I think you missed the actual advice being given on this subject.  Take it at the same time in the new timezone -- if you are in the habit of taking meds at, say, 1a.m., then when you get where you are going -- take it at 1a.m. there.  No need to try and keep taking it at 1a.m. back home -- that just increases the risk that you will forget.  The fact that you will take it a little earlier or later than norm on that first day doesn't matter.  Missing doses by falling out of habit , might matter though.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version