HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Possible Exposure?

(1/1)

sillyone:
Dear experts,

I am 36 year old heterosexual male and circumcised. I had experiences that I think a possible exposure to HIV.

The first experience I had was about 6 ½ year ago. I had a protected vaginal sex with a masseuse and after I came, I keep pushing for about 5-10 seconds until I realized my shaft was going too soft. I pulled my shaft and the condom wasn't there. The condom was inside her vagina and I remember that I need to “dig” it out a little bit before I could pull it off. About 4 weeks after the incident I remember that I was having a diarrhea that lasted about one day.

The second experience was 2 years ago with a sex worker and she was on top. Again, after I came, she keep going for about 30 seconds and when I pulled out the condom was kind off hanging in her vagina.

I know it has been a long time, but back then I seemed not to worry at all. But now, since I have been reading a lot of information about HIV infection and condom failure/slippage, I am quite freaked out. I am now still feeling healthy and it seems that everything is okay.

I really want to know whether such situation may get me contracted with HIV?

Andy Velez:
I don't think either of your experiences were in actuality risks for transmission. It's not unusual for a condom to "stay behind" in the vagina in the manner you have described even though your penis head would have been covered during intercourse. Which is what matters as far as protection.

But rather than spend anymore time worrying why not just get tested and confirm that you are HIV negative. You can do that anytime now with an HIV test.

In the future when you are withdrawing from a vagina, take hold of the end of the condom so that you make sure it comes out with your penis. That way you won't have to worry.

I expect you will test negative but it is reassuring to have it confirmed by a test.

Jeff G:
It sounds like you slid out of the condom and didn't have a risk .

I'm assuming you haven't tested for HIV in quite a long wile , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Nothing you shared with us sounds like a risk for HIV but since its been so long since you tested it would be the responsible thing to do .

sillyone:
Dear Andy and Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Yes, haven't tested HIV for quite a while, and I agree with you that it would be a responsible thing to do.

Again, thank you for your advice.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version