HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Condom slippage, heterosexual insertive

(1/2) > >>

Jean-Paul Freud:
Hi everyone, I have been browsing this forum for some time and learning a lot, and unfortunately it's my turn to ask a question.

I bumped into a brothel (kind of high-end) in Tokyo today. I received from the female sex worker unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal intercourse. We were enjoying ourselves until we were changing position - I pulled out and saw no condom on my penis (she was on the top). I didn't notice if the condom was pushed inside or hanging, although she remained very calm and took the condom out fairly effortlessly. The condom was intact as far as I inspected. And we continued with a new one.

I know the oral bit posed no risks, but how risky is the slippage incident? Thank you very much.

Jeff G:
Hi JPF , it sounds like you slipped out of the condom when you withdrew , if that's the case than you didn't have a risk in this situation .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs , so now may be the perfect time to have your checkup .
Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Jean-Paul Freud:
Hi Jeff, thank you so much for your reply. I'm sure next time I will hold the ring when pulling out. As this is the first time I faced a slippage, how do you tell if the head has direct contact inside or not? Is it rare that the condom is actually pushed inside before withdrawal?

And what is the best time for me to get a full screening? Thank you.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Jean-Paul Freud on June 30, 2013, 10:03:53 PM --- how do you tell if the head has direct contact inside or not? Is it rare that the condom is actually pushed inside before withdrawal?

And what is the best time for me to get a full screening? Thank you.

--- End quote ---

You can get your sexual health checkup at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the result . If its been awhile you should include HIV testing .

If you had dipped or had a brief insertion without a condom it would be considered a low risk , its rare to test positive after a condom break and I haven't ever heard of anyone testing positive for slipping out of a condom like you described .

HIV is fragile and is instantly damaged and rendered unable to infect when exposed to oxygen , that's why rubbing or frottage isn't a risk as well as slipping out of a condom .

If you are unsure about the condom then go test , not because I think you need to , just do it because its the responsible thing to do and for peace of mind .

Jean-Paul Freud:
Thank you for your advice. I will definitely get a test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version