Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Dementia?

(1/2) > >>

gadawg1979:
I am only in my mid thirties and scared as shit.  Here lately I cannot remember anything. I forget numbers, names dates.  I was one of the lucky few with a nero presentation.  I see the Doc on Wednesday and will talk to him about it and see what he says but this is driving me crazy... I stressed for three days last week to try and remember someone I worked with for 8 years name.  UUURRRGGGHHHH. If this is a roller coaster I want off.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: gadawg1979 on June 25, 2013, 01:17:54 AM ---I am only in my mid thirties and scared as shit.  Here lately I cannot remember anything. I forget numbers, names dates.  I was one of the lucky few with a nero presentation.  I see the Doc on Wednesday and will talk to him about it and see what he says but this is driving me crazy... I stressed for three days last week to try and remember someone I worked with for 8 years name.  UUURRRGGGHHHH. If this is a roller coaster I want off.

--- End quote ---

Are you on any statins for cholesterol ? . That can have CNS side effects like yours . I have some of the same symptoms and it is worse with some statins than others .

Just wanted to mention it .

gadawg1979:
good to know.  They are watching that and my liver panel both have spiked in the past 12 months and they think it is medication related so we are going to talk about those today.... Strangely it appears it may be the Baclofen for my nero problems causing more of that than my HIV meds..... AARRRGGGHHHH it is always something.

Ann:
Have you ever been tested for hep C? If you haven't, you should. Hep C can cause the spikes in liver enzymes you've experienced and it can also cause what's referred to as "brain-fog".

gadawg1979:
My hep panel came back clear... Now they are worried that I could have Hep induced by baclofen one of the less common side effects.  We will see where it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version