Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I feel a little silly sharing this ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: phillypinko on June 27, 2013, 11:39:34 PM ---BLAH BLAH BLAH...generic platitude, generic platitude, generic platitude...BLAH BLAH BLAH.

--- End quote ---

Philly , people have gone out of the way to reach out to you . We haven't dismissed your feelings and ask you not to trivialize others peoples efforts .

Crafty has all of 2 post here and I want him to feel as welcome here as you are ... I dang well mean it too , its far from platitudes .

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: phillypinko on June 27, 2013, 12:12:38 AM --- I do a lot of crying. I am rejected or at best tolerated by straight people because I am gay. I am rejected or at best tolerated by gay people because I am positive and am at best tolerated or rejected by positive people because I am bipolar. Life sucks and then you die. Get used to it.

--- End quote ---

Philly, you need to print out this thread and take it toyour therapist. Make two copies, because you might need another therapist when this is done.

You are going through what you and I both know is a classic bipolar situation. I wish you had done this in your own thread, but since obviously you are in dire need to help I hope you take some of this to heart.

Something is NOT working with your bipolar condition. If it isn't adherence to meds (which is notoriously difficult ina bipolar situation) it might be tht your meds need to be adjusted or changed. You are not the person who dismisses others, nor are you a person who intentionally hurts others. Mitigating factors can often thoroughly mess with the delicate ( and you and I both know we put "delicate" mildly) balance of biploar medication/therapy and HIV therapy. The two sometimes work against one another.

PLEASE get seen soon, and try to coem to a better place.

To the OP: Sorry, sorry! I do not mean to belittle or hijack your thread. I just saw someone who really, really needs to take care of stuff in an immediate way. I meant no disrespect, and would gladly chip in except that I have given myself a week away from the forums to gather my own head, as several things are going on that make the entire concept of the term "moderator" impossible.

Suffice it to say that you are in my thoguhts and as someone diagnosed in 1993, I share many ofyour experiences. Connecting, as you have, is the most viral step.

craftypoz:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on June 27, 2013, 11:45:46 PM ---Philly , people have gone out of the way to reach out to you . We haven't dismissed your feelings and ask you not to trivialize others peoples efforts .

Crafty has all of 2 post here and I want him to feel as welcome here as you are ... I dang well mean it too , its far from platitudes .

--- End quote ---

I really didn't mean to serve up platitudes. While I am always pushing myself to greater degrees of personal understanding, I would never purposefully put down empty words. Jeff, thank you for helping me feel welcome here. I'm sticking around, so no worries there!

Jeff G:
I'm happy you decided to stay !

Buckmark:
Hi Crafty,

Welcome to the forums.  Your situation doesn't unusual to me at all.  Some of us LTSers have been so busy trying to survive HIV and AIDS that we didn't necessarily learn to live with HIV and AIDS -- especially for the long-term, which we never expected to happen.  Plus, not everyone follows the same schedule and pattern in life.  So I appaud you for reaching out.  It's difficult to deal with HIV when you are doing it by yourself, or even just with your partner.

Cheers,

Henry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version