Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Relocation

(1/5) > >>

David_CA:
Next month, I will be relocating to SoCal.  As much as I like the South and this part of NC, it's time for a change.  I've been in this same city for 29 years - since I was 18! 

There's a lot that I'm looking forward to, but still, I can't help be sad about leaving at the same time.  I'm leaving friends and family behind.  I'm leaving our house of 22 years that I really like.  I'm leaving a fairly comfortable existence.  Still, there are things lacking here, and there are things that I really don't like or have come to dislike - heat, cold, humidity, mosquitoes, and my job.  The recent passing of Amendment One and our current Republican-controlled General Assembly have both changed my opinion of what I once considered the standout state of the South. 

Here's to adventure.  Still, I'm left wondering; should I keep my user name here as David_NC or update it to David_CA?  ;)

Jeff G:
Congratulations on your new adventure .... I so wish I was back in SAN Diego sometimes , sigh .

Buckmark:

--- Quote from: David_NC on June 19, 2013, 04:53:17 PM ---Next month, I will be relocating to SoCal.  As much as I like the South and this part of NC, it's time for a change.  I've been in this same city for 29 years - since I was 18! 

There's a lot that I'm looking forward to, but still, I can't help be sad about leaving at the same time.  I'm leaving friends and family behind.  I'm leaving our house of 22 years that I really like.  I'm leaving a fairly comfortable existence.  Still, there are things lacking here, and there are things that I really don't like or have come to dislike - heat, cold, humidity, mosquitoes, and my job.  The recent passing of Amendment One and our current Republican-controlled General Assembly have both changed my opinion of what I once considered the standout state of the South. 

Here's to adventure.  Still, I'm left wondering; should I keep my user name here as David_NC or update it to David_CA?  ;)

--- End quote ---

Change can be good!.  Please let us know how things go for you.

I think once you move, you should change your name, and your avatar. ;)

Cheers

Henry

GSOgymrat:
I've also been thinking of relocating away from NC. I like David_CA.

bmancanfly:
Sounds like an exciting adventure.  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version