Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Job Interview with Drug Testing Involved!!! Never had to face this!

(1/2) > >>

nasus:
I have been HIV since 1991. Due to a Medical Procedure. Not because of any crazy life style issues. I carry a list of my medications in my wallet. One of the drugs is Marinol. I do smoke weed occasionally at night due to Neuropathy in my feet and to help me eat. About to get hired at Mather Air Force Base in the Catering Dept. Employer called me and casually said send you for a drug test on Monday. I'm a little scared!! What is the BEST WAY to handle this situation???
HELP? Single Female and 56.......

darryaz:
Here's the way it worked when I was drug tested for a job:

The testing lab will contact you if anything comes up positive and give you the opportunity to provide a doctor's name who they can contact to verify you are using that drug under a physician's care.

Once the testing lab has made this verification they will report to the employer that your test was clear.

Jeff G:
Nasus , Darryaz gave you excellent advice but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and give you a bit of friendly advice .

You do realize this is a support forum for HIV where we try and make everyone feel welcome and valued . When you say that you have HIV but not because of any crazy life style issues its demeaning to some other members and that's simply not what we are about here . As a person that's been poz since 1991 you are well aware of what stigma is so I'm surprised in your choice of words .

You are welcome here but we all need to remember that it doesn't matter how you got here now that you are .     

nasus:
OMG You are so right!!! I was commenting in a way that I have fought forever! Most people presume I was a Pole Dancer etc. and I hate it!! Was thinking about employers view point. Thank YOU :)  Nervous :?

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: nasus on June 16, 2013, 04:03:21 PM ---OMG You are so right!!! I was commenting in a way that I have fought forever! Most people presume I was a Pole Dancer etc. and I hate it!! Was thinking about employers view point. Thank YOU :)  Nervous :?

--- End quote ---

LOL ... I know the taste of my own foot all to well so I think there is forgiveness here for all .

You may just be jealous that some us actually were having fun when we got infected  ;) . Seriously , best of luck with your job prospects . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version