Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Brain Scan Hints at Best Treatment for Depression...

(1/1)

OneTampa:

Link:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/depression/brain-scan-hints-at-best-treatment-for-depression-8822.aspx

I seem to recall a similar post a while back about this as a treatment possibility (with a few funny images for comic relief posted by Board Members).

beentheredoneit:
It does not seem to say what this treatment actually is.  It is just that they are studying new findings and case studying alternatives like in many other areas of modern medicine.

OneTampa:

--- Quote from: beentheredoneit on June 15, 2013, 08:22:38 PM ---It does not seem to say what this treatment actually is.  It is just that they are studying new findings and case studying alternatives like in many other areas of modern medicine.

--- End quote ---

I gather that the following sub-heading from the article alludes to the thrust of the piece noting a "method or course of action" (i.e.,drugs or therapy) for treatment of depression would be suggested from a brain scan:

"A brain scan may be able to determine whether therapy or antidepressants is the best course of action for patients with depression, according to a new study."

tednlou2:
I have mentioned that I am surprised we don't yet have testing to check for levels of brain chemicals-- to see how depleted they are, whether meds are restoring them, etc.  I wish there was a scan/test to check my levels. 

idee:
My psychiatrist sent me to have an MRI once before medicating me. I wonder if it had anything to do with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version