Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Need attorney that wil do pro bono asap

<< < (2/2)

Ann:
Hi Sherpa, welcome to the forums.

I merged your most recent thread with the similar one you posted two weeks ago in Off Topic. It helps us to help you when all the relevant information and responses are in one thread. I also deleted your duplicate posts in the Activism and Women's forums. You're likely to get more responses in this forum (rather than OT).

You might also get more responses if people know why you're here - are you hiv positive? Does your custody hearing have to do with being hiv positive?

I hope you get the answers you are looking for. (I can't help, I don't live in the US.)

Ann

Miss Philicia:
In NYC one would seek help from Legal Aid Society. I would imagine that California has a similar organization, but I live on the east coast so I don't know what the name would be. Try doing a google search on "indigent legal services california" and make some calls.

Ann:
Lambda Legal may be of some help. Don't know why I didn't think of them earlier.

From their website:

Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.

This is probably the section of their website that would be the most helpful: http://www.lambdalegal.org/legal-work

sherapowerr:
My name is Sherry and I do have HIV.  In regard to custody hearing my ex won the last hearing last year by using the HIV and meds I was on. Now he's wanting to take all parental rights away by saying I'm using drugs

Ann:

--- Quote from: sherapowerr on June 25, 2013, 12:39:38 PM ---My name is Sherry and I do have HIV.  In regard to custody hearing my ex won the last hearing last year by using the HIV and meds I was on. Now he's wanting to take all parental rights away by saying I'm using drugs

--- End quote ---

Can't see how that would fly in court if they're drugs prescribed by your doctor(s). Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version