Main Forums > Living With HIV

How low did your CD4s get?

(1/12) > >>

jaace24:
I am someone that when diagnosed had low CD4s, 53.  They are now doing good and that was back in January.  My last reading was 220!  Just curious what everyone's lowest was and when that was?  Just wondering with such a low CD4 initially if you can expect to live a normal life span?

elf:
lowest/nadir:353 (when I tested positive, 4 1/2 years ago, I started therapy the following day)
highest: 1380 (three years ago)
now: 750-1350 (they go up and down)

In my first year on meds, I was also taking 400 mg selenium each day.
It may have helped, my viral load was undetectable within a month on therapy (down from 300 000),
and CD4 jumped from 353 --->515 in a month, and then to >1000 in 60 days...

I don't even enter my values in CD4 log @thebody.com anymore.
I find it boring.  :)

I would recommend selenium to anyone who wants to make their CD4 go up.
As for test results, in my case:
1) strenuous running on the day before a check-up means lower CD4
2) sleepless night or not sleeping on the night before check-up means higher CD4 (because it tricks your body unto thinking it's still night, CD4 are higher in the late afternoon and night, and lower in the morning)

weasel:

Hi   jaace24  ,

My CD-4's  were  101   in 2004 .

They are now around 350 ?    They bounce around a lot !   A few

years ago I was up to over 1,000 . Then they started to drop and bounce  ???

Having had HIV from the  early 1980's   I believe I am having a normal

life span .  The drugs work !    Life goes on    :)

Be well ,
                                                          Weasel

Joe K:

--- Quote from: jaace24 on June 05, 2013, 11:15:54 AM ---I am someone that when diagnosed had low CD4s, 53.  They are now doing good and that was back in January.  My last reading was 220!  Just curious what everyone's lowest was and when that was?  Just wondering with such a low CD4 initially if you can expect to live a normal life span?

--- End quote ---

I suppose it depends on how long you think a normal life span happens to be.  I became poz in 1985, and my lowest CD4s ever were 4 and my latest labs have my CD4s at 781, my highest number ever.  While I empathize with you being concerned about living a long life, in reality, most of it is simply out of your control.  If you make an effort to live the best life possible and take good care of yourself, in mind, body and spirit, most of the other will take care of yourself.

The key to life, is that it's not how long you live, but rather how well you live.

Joe

WillyWump:
My lowest was 250ish, then I started meds went up to 900ish now back down to 489.

Just my experience.

I expect to live normal lifespan, but I try to live every day like I will not.

-Will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version