Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:38:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: risk and symptoms?  (Read 4758 times)

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
risk and symptoms?
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »
Hello,
On May 7th, I ended up inviting someone over to my hotel room that I contacted online. I am a gay male. I am normally the receptive partner, but I did not have any intentions in performing oral or anal sex during this meet. I was sitting on the bed flat when the guy came over to my side and showed me his penis. I had my boxers on and my penis was sticking out. As I was laying down, the guy came on top of me as if he was sitting on my lap facing me. His intention was to get his penis close to my face. As he climbed over, I felt some PRESSURE. I recall it being very brief, probably less than 10 sec. When I felt this, I immediately moved my penis away and he got closer to my face so I can give him oral sex. I did not. What I am worried about is whether my penis head went in or not. I know for a fact my ENTIRE penis never went in, but the pressure I felt is what worries me. I later asked the guy through text, if I went inside of him at all. He replied saying no. I went to test this past Tuesday because I was feeling symptoms. I have the area underneath/back of my ear that feels a little swollen. I went to the doctor and she considered it a possible lymph node.....it was an urgent care facility so I don't know how reliable they are. At certain times, I feel like I get a little hot, but it tends to go away. At 3 week, the rapid oral swab came back neg. I need to also add that I didn't see a reaction from the guy when he was on lap nor any residue on my penis. I am extremely worried since the symptoms  happened 2 wk after.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: risk and symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:37:53 pm »
You would have known if you entered a guy so you didn't have a risk for HIV . Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and could be caused by many other things than HIV , so we never discuss symptoms , if you are feeling unwell go back and see your doctor .

If this incident is the only thing you are concerned about in the last 3 months , then you can count your HIV test as conclusive that you do not have HIV .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED  HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »
That's the one thing that I am having trouble determining.
I know for a face the entire penis was not inside of him, its just the head that worries me since I don't really know about how different it would feel being the insertive partner. If my symptoms were ars, would my antibody test at 3 weeks picked it up? it was an oral swab. I did do an RNA exam at 2 weeks and get results tomorrow, so I am freaking out!......What would be the risk if I went in?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
If you had dipped inside for 10 seconds it could be considered low risk although I have never heard of somebody testing positive for an incident .

I don't think you had a risk or I would have told you so . Had you had a risk the appropriate time to test is at 6 weeks post any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results . I do not think you need further testing but if you insist you must wait 6 weeks past the incident . It will come back negative I am
sure .   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:38:53 am by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »
The fever during ARS, is that a symptom that never goes down? Or will it fluctuate on and off during the day?.....

No offense, but can I also receive advice from others as well?

Thanks for your feedback.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:19 am »
aburke,

Neither symptoms nor even the lack of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about hiv infection. ONLY testing at the appropriate time will. None of the symptoms you report are hiv specific. In fact, they're nothing to do with hiv because...

You didn't have a risk.

You felt pressure? Well excuse me but duh, he was sitting on you. Of course you felt pressure. The closest you may have come is something called frottage (rubbing genitals together or on some part of the body - including the anal area - without penetration) and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

For future reference, the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days.

A six week negative is highly unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

Unless you've been having unprotected anal intercourse (with anyone) that you neglected to mention, then you do NOT need further hiv testing at this time.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:17:14 am »
Thanks for that. I just started to feel some tenderness under my right armpit but no balls or anything. I guess it can be considered frottage? Its just as days go by, i think about the head of my penis going in. If this was the case, would you consider it low like the other individual stated?

I am going in today to get my rna results so i am petrified.

I also want to add that during this meet i had touched his genital secretions and then touched/possibly fingered myself. I did have a small hemmoroid i believe or popped vain. I have the hpv virus as well. Thx so much

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:40:19 am »
Thanks for that. I just started to feel some tenderness under my right armpit but no balls or anything. I guess it can be considered frottage? Its just as days go by, i think about the head of my penis going in. If this was the case, would you consider it low like the other individual stated?

THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED.

I am going in today to get my rna results so i am petrified.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I EXPECT YOU TO GET A NEGATIVE RESULT.

I also want to add that during this meet i had touched his genital secretions and then touched/possibly fingered myself. I did have a small hemmoroid i believe or popped vain. I have the hpv virus as well.

NONE OF THIS IS A RISK FOR HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:35 am »
And Sir, have you ever seen anyone test positive after so called 'dipping'?
The other gentleman said he has not.

I am going to go to the clinic with confidence.

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »
I went into the clinic to get my RNA results. NEGATIVE!
She said the window period for this exam is 10 days.
To add onto that, I had the oral swab at 3 weeks, also NEGATIVE.
Am I clear?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 12:16:15 am »
I went into the clinic to get my RNA results. NEGATIVE!
She said the window period for this exam is 10 days.
To add onto that, I had the oral swab at 3 weeks, also NEGATIVE.
Am I clear?

As you did not have a risk in the first place, you are decidedly HIV negative.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline aburke4088

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »
If i did have a risk, is this information correct? I have read and some say it is valid while other dont. The CDC mentions it as being accurate after 10days....whats the truth,please?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 04:35:33 pm »
We're not going to talk as if you had a risk, because you didn't. Of course your results are negative. There was no risk.

Stop the drama and get on with your life. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.