Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Dexascan

<< < (5/6) > >>

wolfter:
Well, a strange turn of events happened.  My sister-in-law is a pharmacy tech in the next town over.  I always have my prescriptions filled there as she drops them off to me....nothing better than front door service. ;D

She dropped off a prescription that my doctor called in.  It is for Boniva.  I'm kinda taken aback by this turn of events as I thought we were going to review/discuss the different options.   I'll go ahead and start this treatment, but I'll definitely share my displeasure at not being involved in the decision making process.

At least this is only a once per month pill.  Not sure how long someone has to take them, but I can't imagine taking a pill a month for the rest of my life. ::)

mitch777:

--- Quote from: wolfter on June 21, 2013, 06:14:48 PM ---Well, a strange turn of events happened.  My sister-in-law is a pharmacy tech in the next town over.  I always have my prescriptions filled there as she drops them off to me....nothing better than front door service. ;D

She dropped off a prescription that my doctor called in.  It is for Boniva.  I'm kinda taken aback by this turn of events as I thought we were going to review/discuss the different options.   I'll go ahead and start this treatment, but I'll definitely share my displeasure at not being involved in the decision making process.

At least this is only a once per month pill.  Not sure how long someone has to take them, but I can't imagine taking a pill a month for the rest of my life. ::)

--- End quote ---

Boniva. Isn't that what Sally Fields is selling?

buginme2:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on June 21, 2013, 06:46:33 PM ---Boniva. Isn't that what Sally Fields is selling?

--- End quote ---

Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KryR45XM7vs&sns=em

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/health/adwatch/cr-adwatch-boniva/16601916001/21173416001/

leatherman:

--- Quote from: wolfter on June 21, 2013, 06:14:48 PM ---but I can't imagine taking a pill a month for the rest of my life. ::)

--- End quote ---
ROFLMAO ;D

wolfter:
Not sure if I provided any updates with the Boniva.  My doctor indicates that I won't have another scan for at least a year.  This treatment actually causes further bone loss until it starts building bone strength.  I'm too young to be this damn frail.  :)

I'm a few days late taking my monthly treatment as I had a busy week.  I absolutely know what to expect for 2 days after taking it.  I can't be too far away from the throne.  It's like a temporary return to the late 80's.

Wolfie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version