Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Approved, but screwed on SSDI, now what?

<< < (2/2)

wolfter:
Congrats on at least getting the claim approved.  When I applied for OHADAP, I also had to apply for state aid which all stopped once my claim was approved.  Based on your new income level, the state may be able to pay all or a portion of your Medicare premium. 

ADAP also can assist with your part D premium and co-pays for all HIV related drugs and doctors' appointment.

Wolfie

lookingforu:

--- Quote from: BT65 on May 29, 2013, 06:07:25 PM ---Some of my clients who get over $1000/month on SSDI still qualify for disability Medicaid, or QMB Medicaid.  The benefit there being Medicaid pays the Medicare premium and they qualify for "extra help" with Part D.  I believe that may be a state by state thing, but I would check into it definitely.

--- End quote ---

BT65 you may be right, apparently I'm almost $1300 on SSDI so I doubt I'll qualify for much of anything. But thank you SO much!

lookingforu:

--- Quote from: wolfter on May 29, 2013, 06:19:01 PM ---Congrats on at least getting the claim approved.  When I applied for OHADAP, I also had to apply for state aid which all stopped once my claim was approved.  Based on your new income level, the state may be able to pay all or a portion of your Medicare premium. 

ADAP also can assist with your part D premium and co-pays for all HIV related drugs and doctors' appointment.

Wolfie

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wolfie, this is a must for me. Currently on 17 meds right now will make this REALLY a close call for me :-\

tednlou2:
I know here in KY, you would make too much for food stamps (SNAP).  Last I heard, you could not make more than $970 a month to get Medicaid to pay the 20% Medicare doesn't.  And, to get the Extra Help to pay Medicare Part B and D premiums was somewhere around $2,000 a month. 

sjh1975:
The county hospital you are referring to, is it located in Buffalo? I'm currently having issues myself with a county hospital in the Buffalo area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version