Main Forums > Living With HIV

Found someone special! Advice Please from Magnetic Gay Couples

<< < (2/5) > >>

moving_forward:
Morning MikeyB39

All interesting points. When I first was diagnosed, I was of the mindset that I would only have to date POZ guys as well.  But ironically, there are a lot of magnetic couples out there.  I take my meds religiously (3 alarms between iphone, ipad, and computer!).  Given that, when and if I get to UD from what I understand it is relatively safe. I actually contracted this through safe sex, condom broke.

I guess, if I take care of myself and try to be as safe as possible I know I can be a great partner for someone who is positive or negative.  Regardless, I am going to enjoy this ride while I can.  He is a phenomenal guy and has really given me hope for the future.  Thanks for sharing your viewpoints I appreciate it!

moving_forward:
Thanks JK and everyone for your help.  Very insightful.  Question.  If I bit my lip and it is healing not openly bleeding.   Does that mean kissing is out of the question to?  I would imagine not given the hostile environment of the mouth to the virus.  Just checking.  thx!

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: moving_forward on May 20, 2013, 02:51:21 PM ---Thanks JK and everyone for your help.  Very insightful.  Question.  If I bit my lip and it is healing not openly bleeding.   Does that mean kissing is out of the question to?  I would imagine not given the hostile environment of the mouth to the virus.  Just checking.  thx!

--- End quote ---

Categorically no.

KIssing has NEVER been documented as transmitting HIV, and people have done a lot more/worse than simply biting their lips before/during kissing.

Moreover, if you have an UD VJ, then your blood is no onger infectious at all. This is irrelevant overkill, since even with a high viral load, kissing is no risk - but overkill's better than underkill :)

moving_forward:
Yes JK  you are right overkill is better than under kill.  Thanks for helping me to maneuver this new focus on my life.  Will keep in touch on things progress.  My email is anewstartnc@yahoo.com if ever interested in catching up.

Thx!

Jeff G:
Hi Moving F . You never replied to Ann in your other post about having a western blot done . Did they eventually do that test and was it positive ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version