Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Can I take Atripla three-four hours earlier than usual time for a couple days?

(1/1)

gaynpositive:
Hi folks,

I have been on Atripla for around 6 months now (never missed a dose :D). I generally take it at around midnight every night before going to bed. And I get up at 8 am most mornings, refreshed and ready to take on the day! :D Some nights when I am out with my friends, I have come back home at 4 am and taken my Atripla.  This regimen has suited me fine up until now.

However, I have a major shift in my job timings coming up for a few days which would require me to wake up like at 4 am or 5 am for a couple of days, requiring me to sleep by 9 pm the previous night.

Can I take my Atripla between 8 pm to 9 pm for a few days (instead of usual midnight time) since I require to get up between 4 am and 5 am the next day? Would taking my drug 3-4 hours earlier than my usual timing affect its effectiveness or cause any undue side effects? Would I be able to switch back to my regular midnight time after these few days or would i be stuck with the new timings forever?

I did try to take my Atripla at my usual midnight time and get up like at 5 am the next morning, but my head was spinning so fast as if I have taken my drug just an hour back. I know of CNS side effects of EFV but can then still affect me after 5 hours?? So I went back to sleep, got up at my regular 8 am and was fine. So this experiment obviously did not work.

Please advise.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

GnP

mikeyb39:
Hi Gaynpositive,
it's perfectly fine if you miss your dose timing from time to time.  As long as you take it everyday and are not missing it completely multiple times a week.  My doctor tells me that its ok not to be exact everyday, just make sure you take them everyday.

I don't take Atripla anymore, but they are all the same.  I don't take my pills exactly the same time, sometimes it depends on my daily schedule i may take it 3 hours before or 3 hours late from time to time

newt:
In short, yes - matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version