Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Kaletra+Combovir+Tenofoir

<< < (2/2)

newt:
Why such a heavy combo?

You almost certainly don't need the AZT that's in Combivir. 3TC, the other drug in Combivir, plus tenofovir are enough.

And why in this day and age, Kaletra? Is this all that's available?

- matt

Ann:
Matt, Paul is in the Philippines and (according to his doctor), this is his last "free" combo available. From one of Paul's other threads (Estiva and Avocomb)...

--- Quote from: paulsmithpoz10 on May 03, 2013, 04:54:37 AM ---Just came from my doctor. Good news and bad news.

Good news: I have another option on my meds. Doc will let me take Kaletra. He said it has the same efficacy as Efivarenz and Nevirapine but less side effects. I just need to take more tablets per day (it's fine with me, as long as I won't have side effects as before). I just need to stop my current meds for 1 week, then I'll start with new.

Bad news: This is the last medicine available for me. In our country there's not much option on meds. If this still doesn't work for me, doc said that I don't have other "free" options. This worries me a lot, since I'll need to purchase my meds in another country. (I know worrying doesn't help, but I can't resist). I'm really hoping that Kaletra works for me.

--- End quote ---

Paul was only diagnosed in mid-March of this year and his doctor already has him on his third combo, for no obvious good reason.

I can't help but get the feeling that Paul's doctor is a sandwich or two short of a picnic. Or a med or two short of a good combo. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version