Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Tested Positive Yesterday

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Pontus on May 11, 2013, 02:46:46 PM ---Jeff, Thank you for the warm welcome! just seeing that have managed for 30 years gives me a realistic sense of hope.

--- End quote ---

Thanks ... I still see good out of one eye and can type with the two fingers I have left but I get by .

I'm just kidding of course , I am actually healthier than some of my friends that are negative . I just know that in time you will have the confidence and knowledge that assures you in heart and mind that you are going to have a full rich life . 

gavelkind:
Welcome Pontus,

Yeah, you know you'll be fine, but right now, its going to suck regardless of whether you know you'll be fine.

My main suggestion is too keep a "diary" that way you can unleash your raw feelings without fear of being judged. I was diagnosed in march and haven't really talked about it with my friends so the "journal" has helped.

d-boy86:
Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. But one thing I found to help me, is to stay the hell away from Google. A lot of the articles and information posted are usually outdated and down right out to scare some people. If you take your meds, eat right, and stay active, there's no reason why you shouldn't live as long as someone without the disease.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Pontus:

--- Quote from: d-boy86 on May 13, 2013, 12:04:45 PM ---Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. But one thing I found to help me, is to stay the hell away from Google. A lot of the articles and information posted are usually outdated and down right out to scare some people. If you take your meds, eat right, and stay active, there's no reason why you shouldn't live as long as someone without the disease.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement... I'm sort of getting to the point that I can say in my mind "I am HIV+" and I don't feel like crying.

d-boy86:

--- Quote from: Pontus on May 13, 2013, 03:34:00 PM ---Thank you for your kind words of encouragement... I'm sort of getting to the point that I can say in my mind "I am HIV+" and I don't feel like crying.

--- End quote ---
It will take some time. So don't rush it. It's only normal. Just make sure you find a doctor that is educated on the disease; and one that you feel extremely comfortable with. I hated my first doctor. He was an ass, and wasn't sympathetic since I was newbie to the world of HIV. He didn't understand why I asked so many questions, etc. So I switched. It's time for you to move forward in life using your gut and trusting yourself. God has presented you with a 2nd chance, so now it's time for you to take control and live the life he's granted you with. Remember, God only gives us things he knows we can handle. You're not weak, nor stupid. If you were, you wouldn't be on this forum :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version