Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Tested Positive Yesterday

(1/3) > >>

Pontus:
Yesterday was another Friday.. (TGIF!!) But when my doc told me the series of blood tests she had ordered had all come back negative ... except the HIV-1 was reactive (Western Blot).  I feel numb.. like in a dream.. I understand what is going on... but I guess I am just a little shocked.

As soon as I got back to my office, I started making calls to set up appointments as my doc suggested. The rest of the day at the office was busy,, dealing with employees, reports and the like (I guess it kinda took my mind of things).  But today (Saturday) I'm sitting here doing tons of research and frankly feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

Intellectually I know this is not a death sentence and I will do everything I need to keep as healthy as I can... but my heart feels so broken.  I know it will get better as time progresses and I learn how to live with HIV.  But I guess I am looking for support from kindred spirits.

Jeff G:
I Pontus and welcome to the forum . It may sound like empty words right now but you are right , it gets much better in time .

I understand that overwhelmed feeling while digging through tons of information , so take it easy on yourself and take some time to adjust . I have been POZ 30 years and it took me half that long to realize I do not need to be an expert on every aspect of HIV in order to manage my life with it .

I think you will find the support you need here , so again , welcome .

Elkan:
I have been diagnosed for almost one month. I still search online everyday for some recent news regarding HIV treatment and get depressed once in awhile. There is definitely a lot to take in.
I will be more than happy if u want to talk to me:/ we can support each other along the way :P

Pontus:

--- Quote from: Elkan on May 11, 2013, 02:20:51 PM ---I have been diagnosed for almost one month. I still search online everyday for some recent news regarding HIV treatment and get depressed once in awhile. There is definitely a lot to take in.
I will be more than happy if u want to talk to me:/ we can support each other along the way :P

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much!  yes there is tons of stuff out there.  A lot of it is outdated.. but it seems this site and a couple of others don't BS and are not locked into some kind of 1990's movie perception of what it means to be HIV +.

I go to the ID doc monday to get all the other tests that need to be done.  So, it might be a while before I even know what meds they will put me on.  Have they figured that out for you yet?  I have been reading about this 3 in 1 called complaria... talk about expensive!! 

Finally yes, I do think I need someone to talk to about this... thank you..thank you and thank you for the offer.

Pontus:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on May 11, 2013, 02:01:33 PM ---I Pontus and welcome to the forum . It may sound like empty words right now but you are right , it gets much better in time .

I understand that overwhelmed feeling while digging through tons of information , so take it easy on yourself and take some time to adjust . I have been POZ 30 years and it took me half that long to realize I do not need to be an expert on every aspect of HIV in order to manage my life with it .

I think you will find the support you need here , so again , welcome .

--- End quote ---

Jeff, Thank you for the warm welcome! just seeing that have managed for 30 years gives me a realistic sense of hope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version