Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Just got my 1st numbers back, overwhelmed

(1/3) > >>

Shayne504:
Tested Poz 4/10/13 just got my numbers back T-109   VL 104,000 don't expect to the genome back till 5/23 Dr called in Bactrim to prevent pneumonia. Up till now I was dealing ok. I'm telling myself they are just numbers, they don't define who I am.

Considering how low my Tcell count is I'm doing good to not have any COI's.

PAGuy:
Shayne...while they are not great they are not all that bad...you are going to be fine.   I was diagnosed a year ago and my t cell was 49 and my viral load was 2 million...that's not a typo.   I am now UD and at 308 cd4...you are going to be fine..just follow your doctors orders, stay upbeat...your numbers WILL improve!   Keep us updated!

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Shayne504 on May 10, 2013, 06:58:05 PM ---Tested Poz 4/10/13 just got my numbers back T-109   VL 104,000 don't expect to the genome back till 5/23 Dr called in Bactrim to prevent pneumonia. Up till now I was dealing ok. I'm telling myself they are just numbers, they don't define who I am.

Considering how low my Tcell count is I'm doing good to not have any COI's.

--- End quote ---

Hi Shayne and welcome to the forums!

Well, you have less than two weeks to get the results of the genome test.
I'm sure it might seem like a very long wait but hang in.

My guess is you will have a prescription in hand as soon as the results are known.
All of the meds today usually do a pretty quick job in reducing the viral load which in turn will boost your CD4 count.

In the mean time...
Try to keep busy and distract your mind if you can.
I know, easier said. ::)

You will be OK and hope you know that there is a lot of support here. :)

Take care,
m.

gadawg1979:
Chin up and welcome... Sorry you had to find us.  As you will see many of us were in your boat with numbers.  Find a treatment that works for you and stick with it.

Andy Velez:
Welcome, Shayne,

Your concern about numbers is very understandable. But at this very early time after your diagnosis, as others have told you, they really are not unusual and far from being as problematic as others have been at this point post-diagnosis. It's hard to be patient, but I believe you will see as so many others have, how when the meds kick in the results are amazing.

Keep in mind to develop a good working partnership with your doctor. When you have questions, ask them. Write them down so you don't have to depend on your memory when you have an appointment. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience here as you are already beginning to find out.

We're glad you found your way here in a time of need. You're always welcome to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Again, welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version