HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Low risk?

(1/2) > >>

Fred101:
Hi,

Yesterday i had an encounter.
Blowjob both, only he came in my mouth.
Stats of the guy unknown.
I spat it out after 15 secs.
But prior i brushed my teeth...
Also my wisdom teeth are coming out, sometimes its swollen and red. But yesterday is wasn't... haven't been for couple of days...

Should i worry allot or not at all? Could it be possible that it went trough the cavities between my W.teeth?

Feeling "funny" today, but that's just the anxiety ...

Thx in advance...

Jeff G:
Hi Fred ... you didn't have a risk in the situation you described .

There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

There are proteins and enzymes in saliva that damage HIV and render it unable to infect so you do not have to test over this incident .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care checkup, including but not limited to HIV testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine checkups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine HIV tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than HIV. Some of the other STD's can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid HIV infection. It really is that simple! 

Fred101:
So i should not be thinking of possible penetration through the wisdom teeth area nor the fact i brushed my teeth before & after (for like 30 seconds with a extra soft TB)?

Extra info lol: the guy came, it stayed there for the above mentioned time, no moving around (if i recall), no gargling and then i spit like a maniac.

Say i worst case scenario, i still lose my mind over it (always have been like this), when is the first test possible? like say the very first? read something about 9 days (hiv-rna or DNA), but the fact that in most ppl its only detectable after 22-26 days i thought.

I know its very, very, low low risk. But still ^^ lets say if i go to the doctor tomorrow, would it be wasted money?

Thx, sorry to flip out like this haha  :o  ;D

Jeff G:
Its not a risk so stop flipping out .

If you want to test the appropriate time to do so if you had a risk would be 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

Read my reply to you above again and you will see that there is information there as to why you didn't have a risk . In all my years HIV positive and dealing with these issues you would be the first unlucky guy to test positive over a situation that you described , and I bet that's not going to happen .

All sexually active adults should be having a full sexual health check up for All STD's including HIV so if you must get tested do it for that reason at 6 weeks so you wont worry yourself to death . 

Fred101:
Last question, wont bother u guys anymore  after this (hopefully  ;))

The low risk/no risk. theoretical risk situation. I've read trough the "read first" section, there it is still possible but extremely unlikely/rare.

My question is now, if in the following weeks1-4 i get the infamous ARS symptoms, should i get more worried.
I know u guys don't handle in ifs and symptoms... but should i be concerned or just test at 6 weeks. (i would've waited till 12) or not at all...

Thx sorry for the nagging and prob. answering the same questions over and over and over.

Thx in advance and what happend happend  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version