Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Parents have always been there for me. Now they are elderly and sick.

<< < (2/3) > >>

britchick:
Best wishes and good luck for you in your new job.
Please be proud of yourself for looking after your parents and for having the courage to get back out there...re the job.

Britchickx

Theyer:
Hey good luck with the job , Philly.

There is for me an important difference between my late Partners death and parents deaths that makes grieving for Parents differant and for me easier to bare.

The Parents lived long life's , and there deaths followed the natural course off life, however my Partners , Lovers and friends deaths from AIDS where young talented men and woman who had no way completed there life,s and that  felt tragic.

Time for me has changed my feelings , the intensity off them, however out off nowhere I can be hit by grief still 20 + years later . I miss my Parents and at times feel quite lost, but I am not devastated like I was following the death off my Partner.

phillypinko:

--- Quote from: Theyer on May 10, 2013, 03:59:20 PM ---Hey good luck with the job , Philly.

There is for me an important difference between my late Partners death and parents deaths that makes grieving for Parents differant and for me easier to bare.

The Parents lived long life's , and there deaths followed the natural course off life, however my Partners , Lovers and friends deaths from AIDS where young talented men and woman who had no way completed there life,s and that  felt tragic.

Time for me has changed my feelings , the intensity off them, however out off nowhere I can be hit by grief still 20 + years later . I miss my Parents and at times feel quite lost, but I am not devastated like I was following the death off my Partner.

--- End quote ---
I can relate to those feelings. I tested positive when I was 20 years old. I had a circle of young frends who were infected. It often happens when Im driving that I see the faces of guys who died in there early 20's and I just start crying my eyes out. Its like I have a flashback to the early 90's when there was no real treatment and people were losing the battle left an right. I cry for them and out of some unerstanding that I am only here by he grace of God. Also now that im older (41) I appreciate the simple beauty of a boy in his early 20's and how tragic it was they died such horrible deaths.

Theyer:
yep what you write is part off it.

On another tack Philly you only 41, this came as a bit off shock, prime age for 2 career in life according to something I read somewhere , racking brain it was about all the /careers you can/do .
retire in 40,s from --- Law enforcement , military, in UK Firefighters, Teachers, Sports
and the opportunity it affords, Tis coming back a bit now the article was aimed at young uns pointing  out that there are now few jobs for life in economically advanced countries. I guess there are more jobs for life in poor countries cause your chances for living past 40 are much less. I will stop now posting with a slight temp leads to rambling.
m
m

phillypinko:
Thank you again Theyer. Take care of yourself. Pop a couple aspirin or Tylenol to break that fever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version