Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Parents have always been there for me. Now they are elderly and sick.

<< < (3/3)

aztecan:
Hey Philly,

I understand your feelings very well. Like Michael, I just lost my mother three months ago to pancreatic cancer.

She was elderly (almost 90), but had been very active and "with it" until the last year of her life.

It was a particularly difficult time for me, one that is still causing me a great deal of emotion.

I empathize with your feeling regarding your parents and wish you strength and tenacity.

HUGS,

Mark

phillypinko:

--- Quote from: aztecan on May 16, 2013, 12:43:45 AM ---Hey Philly,

I understand your feelings very well. Like Michael, I just lost my mother three months ago to pancreatic cancer.

She was elderly (almost 90), but had been very active and "with it" until the last year of her life.

It was a particularly difficult time for me, one that is still causing me a great deal of emotion.

I empathize with your feeling regarding your parents and wish you strength and tenacity.

HUGS,

Mark

--- End quote ---
God is going to have to give me the strength. Im exhausted.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: phillypinko on May 19, 2013, 11:08:42 PM ---God is going to have to give me the strength. Im exhausted.

--- End quote ---
Philly,
I have been watching this thread and think of you often.
Just wondering, are you their only child? Are you their only caregiver?
I wish I had helpful advice.
(I'm "shipping" my mother half way across the country for my sisters to provide care)
Hope there is someone to help give you a break at times.
Best to you,
m.

phillypinko:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on May 20, 2013, 08:51:32 AM ---Philly,
I have been watching this thread and think of you often.
Just wondering, are you their only child? Are you their only caregiver?
I wish I had helpful advice.
(I'm "shipping" my mother half way across the country for my sisters to provide care)
Hope there is someone to help give you a break at times.
Best to you,
m.

--- End quote ---
Im the baby of three. I was a borderline mid-life baby so my sister and brother are 13 and 14 years older then me. My parents spend some time at my sisters house. When they come to their house at the shore I come down the shore with them. My mom is just getting over sepsis and a heart failure diagnosis now we are preparing for my fathers colon resection in 11 days. Im praying every day. Life would change dramatically for me if my parents die. I try to stay positive but it is very overwhelming. The reason I think im single is because I've had such a great dad. I can't find anyone who measures up to the standard he has set. Its easier said then done but i am preparing spiritually to transfer my emotional dependence on my parents to God. I know God will take care of me but I can't stop thinking about what a lonely place the world will be when they are gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version