Main Forums > Living With HIV

Miss P Has Nothing On My Toe Problem

<< < (2/5) > >>

Joe K:
I don't understand why you haven't treated this problem much sooner.  Your nail shows almost a year of growth that is all yellowed and you wait until it oozes puss to ask if you should do something?  I'd start with your HIV doc, as you will probably need some form of treatment to get this under control.  Don't wait Ted, take care of this now.  You are far too young to ignore these issues if you expect to live to be an old geezer with HIV.  8)

Joe

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on May 01, 2013, 02:54:30 AM ---Honey I love you, but this is nothing compared to the multiple surgeries and crippling problems Miss P has overcome.

Not even the fuck close.

--- End quote ---

Come on now.  Your response is like I was serious. 

Thanks for the replies.  I noticed they were yellowing for a while now, but the doc in the family and others said docs mainly prescribe those meds that don't work all that well and can be hard on the liver.  So, I thought I would just have ugly looking nails.  I will see the doc.  I never imagined this would happen.  I am actually hoping the nail falls off, because I've been reading how difficult it is to treat. 

As I said, I wear shoes all day and often sleep in my socks.  I jump into the shower and then socks and shoes right back on.  So, I didn't spend much time inspecting them.  Is this something to make an appointment ASAP?  Can a fungal infection on your toe turn into something serious?  Are those sites about getting into the bloodstream correct?  In any event, I am calling to make an appointment now.

Joe K:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on May 01, 2013, 03:14:14 PM ---Come on now.  Your response is like I was serious. 

Thanks for the replies.  I noticed they were yellowing for a while now, but the doc in the family and others said docs mainly prescribe those meds that don't work all that well and can be hard on the liver.  So, I thought I would just have ugly looking nails.  I will see the doc.  I never imagined this would happen.  I am actually hoping the nail falls off, because I've been reading how difficult it is to treat. 

As I said, I wear shoes all day and often sleep in my socks.  I jump into the shower and then socks and shoes right back on.  So, I didn't spend much time inspecting them.  Is this something to make an appointment ASAP?  Can a fungal infection on your toe turn into something serious?  Are those sites about getting into the bloodstream correct?  In any event, I am calling to make an appointment now.

--- End quote ---

Hey Ted,

Talk with your doctor about this.  I had the same problem and took an anti-fungal med for about six months and it all cleared.  I didn't have any problems with the medication and there are various treatments.  You really want to take care of this, because yes it can infect other parts of your body and puss is your body's way of telling you to get the hell to a doctor and get treated.

Joe

Jeff G:
They are right Ted  , its not likely to get better without treatment and you cant afford to let an infection linger .     

Fisher:
I've had toe nail fungus for 8 or 9 years, basically splitting of the big toe nail and some yellowing.  Recently, I decided to do something about it. Asked my doc. He had had it, too. On a script for terbinafine. Takes a long time to clear. But about a 3rd of the toe nail growing out looks fine, now. No idea whether or not this is related to HIV or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version