Main Forums > Living With HIV

Miss P Has Nothing On My Toe Problem

<< < (3/5) > >>

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: Buckmark on May 01, 2013, 02:07:24 PM ---Tedderz, go see a doctor -- preferably a podiatrist.  I'm sure Miss P can give you a reference. ;)

--- End quote ---

I think Theodoro goes to a Univ. Medical Center so surely they have a podiatry section -- just go Theo -- shit or get off the pot. It's nothing to do with HIV.

mikeyb39:
I had this problem with my left big toe. Went to podiatrist and he removed most of the nail and was put on lamisil tablets for about six months. Three months on and 3 month break, then last 3 months. You need to have a liver test because they can hurt your liver.  Mine was before my hiv diagnosis

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on May 01, 2013, 03:14:14 PM ---

As I said, I wear shoes all day and often sleep in my socks.  I jump into the shower and then socks and shoes right back on. 

--- End quote ---

I'll admit I know zilch about this, but shouldn't you let your toes breathe a bit to avoid fungus or at least help it get better? It just seems like always having your toes covered and not letting them get any air is not a good thing.

Socks while sleeping? Even in summer? come on.

Anyways, I hope it gets better soon Teddy.

-W

Miss Philicia:
http://www.footdoctorspsc.com/

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on May 03, 2013, 07:21:17 PM ---I'll admit I know zilch about this, but shouldn't you let your toes breathe a bit to avoid fungus or at least help it get better? It just seems like always having your toes covered and not letting them get any air is not a good thing.

Socks while sleeping? Even in summer? come on.

Anyways, I hope it gets better soon Teddy.

-W

--- End quote ---

I know.  I need to let the dogs get some air.  I've been doing that.  I've also been blow drying my toes after showering and at night.  I've been putting Lotrimin on it, too.  So far, no more gunk.  The nail is loose, because I can press down on it after a shower and water will come out.  We have been doing work to our pond.  With this issue, I felt it was a good idea to not go into the pond to do work, as I would have before.  I don't need some parasite or bacteria getting in there.  It has me thinking I should avoid bodies of water, and even swimming pools for now. 

Miss P, thanks for the doc link.  I called my HIV doc and they said they would get back to me.  I have usually used the medical offices at the university where the HIV clinic is, because every medical practice there has access to all my records.  But, I do have insurance and can go anywhere, so I was just thinking I would make my own appointment myself at a private practice. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version