Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Completely Humbled By The Courage And Strength Of Indidviduals On POZ

(1/3) > >>

humbleobserver:
Hello everyone as my name states I'm just a humble observer on this site. I'm HIV neg but I just wanted to comment and say how much I admire the love, wisdom, support and strength that is shared amongst members of the POZ community. I read through many of the posts and visited many of the articles on this website in the past 4 days due to a recent incident that occurred. I've seen what seems to be some of the most courageous individuals who will never be given credit for their strength and determination to live and help others live. Many in this world can learn a lot about humanity and togetherness from the POZ community. I just want to say I will pray and wish for a cure for everyone of you. I've learned that in life it's pointless to let what seems to be a huge crisis get you down because somewhere, someone out there is going through 10x worse than you and is managing to keep a smile on their face.

From the bottom of my heart I truly wish all of you health, strength and life and most of you (weasel this goes out to you most of all after reading your latest posts) when things seem to be at their worst always remember this is light at the end of every tunnel.

Also, I just wanted to know how I could go about giving back to the community by becoming and educator to the youth about being safe and protection. Also, in what ways can I contribute to help the POZ community?

Thank you for your time and ears,

The HumbleObserver.

Jeff G:
Hi Observer , I have moved your thread into the Someone I care about Has HIV forum .
As a HIV negative person you are not permitted to post in the Living With HIV forum . 

If you are interested in learning about HIV our lesions section is something you may want to check out . Best of luck to you .

humbleobserver:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on April 30, 2013, 08:57:56 PM ---Hi Observer , I have moved your thread into the Someone I care about Has HIV forum .
As a HIV negative person you are not permitted to post in the Living With HIV forum . 

If you are interested in learning about HIV our lesions section is something you may want to check out . Best of luck to you .

--- End quote ---

Sorry for that I wasn't aware that I couldn't post in the Living With HIV Forum.

Jmarksto:
Humble; Thank you for recognizing those on here that give as much as they do - this is a special place.

In terms of where you can give back - the first thing that comes to mind is your local Aids Service Organization (ASO), which would be a good place to start to help with outreach activities. If you are looking to support advocacy on a larger stage, there are a number of organizations, including the Treatment Action Group,  www.treatmentactiongroup.org , I am sure you can find more information in the Aids Activism forum.

Thanks again, and I wish you the best,
JM

ARMANDO:
hey humble,it's nice to know that someone is actually listening to our stories and that we are just not swept under the carpet as another statistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version