Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Newly Diagnosed

<< < (2/6) > >>

futureRN:
Just got my immune panel and viral load
CD4 is 416
and my viral load is 69042

leatherman:

--- Quote from: futureRN on May 02, 2013, 08:02:27 PM ---Just got my immune panel and viral load
CD4 is 416

--- End quote ---
well that's not too terrible. I say that because you VL is still under 100k and your cd4 is above 350. Though, always remember that if you didn't have a cd4 count done BEFORE you were infected, you'll never know what your baseline good immune system number was.  ;)

However your cd4 is in the range of 350 and 500, so you should be considering meds. Though you shouldn't be thinking of that as a terrible thing. Plenty of people take daily medications to stay alive and taking meds now just means you start saving and improving your immune system now (before things get worse!)

hang in there. take all these issues that come one at a time and one day at a time. You have the rest of your life still before you to deal with being poz, to handling the meds, to work out things with the bf and even to consider who, when and why to disclose your status. And to be honest after 27 year of being poz, I'm still working on all those issues too.

definitely keep us informed about what happens with you next. We're here for you. ;)

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: futureRN on May 02, 2013, 08:02:27 PM ---Just got my immune panel and viral load
CD4 is 416

--- End quote ---

How long do you think you've been infected?  If recently, you may still see improved numbers without meds.  However, I know you said you plan to start right away, which is what current recommendations say is best.  I am also wondering about your comment about your partner.  You said if he stays neg, he plans to stay.  Did that come out wrong, or is he planning to leave if he tests poz?

I wish you all the best, as you make your way on this journey.  I can appreciate your concerns with privacy.  I grew up in a small town.  Well, it has about 60,000 people in the county.  News traveled fast, and everyone was connected by a few degrees of separation.  In a really small town, that would be even worse.  My partner is my rock.  Other than him, only my brother and his partner know.  However, they offer no support.  Although, I don't discuss it with them either. 

Keep in touch.  I look forward to hearing more from you. 

Ted

futureRN:
My boyfriend is staying with me regardless of his status. Doctor is putting me on complera as of right now. I am getting lab work done for the geno/phenotype of my strain.
As of my infection date, it is most likely around December/January

leatherman:

--- Quote from: futureRN on May 04, 2013, 04:58:20 AM ---My boyfriend is staying with me regardless of his status. Doctor is putting me on complera as of right now. I am getting lab work done for the geno/phenotype of my strain.
As of my infection date, it is most likely around December/January

--- End quote ---
the geno/phenotype will determine if you were infected by a virus that has mutated any from developing any resistance. You shouldn't be starting any meds until that comes back so you start out on the right combo of meds.

Has your BF been tested yet? He should be able to take a 15ish minute oral swab and find out his status. Now that you two already you that you are poz, there's really no sense in not finding out ASAP. Don't let this drag out too long. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version