Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Quitting smoking!

<< < (9/10) > >>

BT65:
Mental illness is more wide spread than you think; at least the diagnosis of mental illness is.  I wouldn't sell yourself short.  Lots of people struggle with mental illness in one form or another.  There are so many treatments today that can make it not so devastating.  Don't give up!

phillypinko:

--- Quote from: BT65 on July 22, 2013, 04:53:53 AM ---Mental illness is more wide spread than you think; at least the diagnosis of mental illness is.  I wouldn't sell yourself short.  Lots of people struggle with mental illness in one form or another.  There are so many treatments today that can make it not so devastating.  Don't give up!

--- End quote ---
My mental health is improving as my parents health improve. Im still not myself. My mood is fluctuating quite a bit. I can feel like complete crap for hours and later the same day snap out of it and feel fine. Thanks for your encouragement and patience with me.

BT65:
Are you seeing a therapist?  I just wonder if you have support, I mean other than the forums, with a face to face exchange.  I just believe this would help with your depression and mood.  And give you support while your parents are struggling with their health issues. 

One thing I had to remind myself when my parents were in their last days, and I was taking care of them, was that it was about them, not me, despite how down I felt.  I reminded myself that they took care of me for years, they were struggling, and it was my time to take care of them. 

I know that's a tall order when you're trying to get your depression and mood swings under control.  But sometimes if we put others first, it really aides in an improved mental outlook. 

I also have mood changes, so don't feel alone.  At random times during the day I will just start crying and get pretty down.  I believe mine may be due to menopause.  But nonetheless it's really not in control.  My doctor keeps trying different meds to go along with Wellbutrin, which I've been on for years.  It's always a guessing game. 

I just remind myself that there will be a time when mood will improve and I won't be so down.  If I know, that at least the down mood will not last forever and ever, it does seem to help some.  Kind of gives me hope. Just keep trying, keep moving forward!

phillypinko:
 Im seeing a therapist but I have always had trouble finding one I can connect with. I try to focus on my parents needs. So much so I became very mentally ill myself. There health improved when I was at my breaking point. I couldn't have gone on that way much longer. Im praying they remain healthy for some time now. I think with each illness it prepares me for what is to come next. I pray in the end they do not suffer like so many stories I've heard about people at the end of their lives.

BT65:
How are you doing on the smoking, Pink?  I started back again last week.  I got a letter from Social Security and that did it.  I hate to hear from them, or other government agencies.  Whenever I get the mail and see a letter from one of those organizations I get a knot in my stomach.

So I'm smoking again for now.  I know I'll quit again, not overly concerned.  I'm just smoking very little, mostly because of the cost.

Wondering how you're doing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version